Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Cambria County)

Default PAFOA Got Slammed Today

Wore my shirt proudly to the IDPA shoot at Holidaysburg today. Had some people comment on it. Gave me a chance to spread the word.

But alas, I got an earful too. Two people that saw my shirt said some stuff you don't want to hear.

Number one: He told me. "Hey, you on that site often?" I told him yes. " How can you stand all those assholes on there? Man I never knew you could get so many smartasses on one site. A lot of them need to grow up."

We talked and agreed that there are a lot of good people on the site too. But he kept saying that the jerks are the reason he quit checking us out.

Number two: "Hey, I been on that site. I got tired of all the dumb shit that goes on and haven't gone back again."

I'm sure some of you would say something smart about these two, "What do we care what they think".
    But, if I ran into two people that have said that in less than two hours, that probably isn't a good sign.
    You know they say that to others that may bring up our site, and how many other people out there feel the same way. Maybe this is why people look but don't join????

If we are to grow. We should try and be mature. (I can use some work too and I will do something about it ) From this point on, I will make every effort to keep my comments professional and mature. We can disagree like adults. Not two school kids squaring off in the yard. Hope others on this site will do the same.

I would like to hear good things when I wear my T-shirt. Not stuff like I did today.

Randy
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: PAFOA Got Slammed Today

How many regular posting menbers do we have? Problem isn't us.

(Cambria County)

I just thought I should mention it. I guess we each have to decide for ourselves how to handle ourselves on here.

I would like to see the site grow and possibly turn into something to be reckoned with. And we are the ones that will make that happen.

(Philadelphia County)

The problem isn't us. I doubt they're that sensitive. Remember that the human mind is drawn to drama - that's why we fret more about stupid stuff like Paris Hilton than we do about Iraq (as a species, I mean.)

They sound like the kind of people who probably waded in on some of our more controversial topics and didn't check the whole board, maybe even getting themselves flamesd for ahving a strange idea or two. I like this board because there is a good mix of opinions, and we mostly are down to earth. Our discussions about politics are based around reasonable actions and beliefs, not fanciful daydreams, vitriolic hatred, or illegal calls to arms.

I wonder what they defined as "assholes" and "dumb shit". Sounds kinda fussy.

Remember that ALL OF US were board n00bs at one time - and it didn't stop us from coming here. I personally checked most of the board, and lurked for a while before signing on.

This board isn't "possessed by assholes" - I know cause I belong to one that is about travel but has a politics and news section where the rules are: leave your profanity and political correctness at the door. EVERYONE gets flamed. Lots of a-holes in there.
    NEED should never enter into a discussion about RIGHTS

(Lawrence County)

I think people do get passionate about some of their view points, but I really don't see too much going on that would turn me off to the forums. This forum is a great place for like-minded people to share stories, experiences, and help each other with problems...

(Susquehanna County)

I think I would be more inclined to take a second look at the people doing the slamming! I haven't seen much of anything to make me believe this forum is inhabited by idiots or wiseguys much less a**holes!

Personally I prefer people with strong opinions and intellect and wit to back them up.

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person!

(Lawrence County)

Good grief, they wouldn't last 30 seconds on Arfcom.....

.....and that board has125890 registered members as of today.

Nope. I don't think the problem is with us.

Lycansamartassthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Cambria County)

I think the problem is a bit of human naturre. Best example I can come up with is the Pro Gun Rally at Harrisburg. Now, what is the first thing you thought of?!?!

One thing in bad taste can ruin it for a lot. That may be what happened to them. As I mentioned. We did talk, and they agreed that there are good people on the site too. I just wasn't prepared for thier first response. Caught me off guard. I will be ready if it ever happens again.

Anyway, the shirt did work. People asked about it. I told them about the PAFOA. And I looked rather dapper in it too.

(Philadelphia County)

Eh, sometimes people get rude on here, but that's the nature of online discussion. It's a lot easier to be a jerk behind a computer than to someone's face and it's pretty much impossible to prevent it from happening.

With that said, I have also noticed that there are a handful of overly sensitive people that just can't 'get over it' and take it far too personally if someone says something to them on the Internet.

I personally have no expectation that everyone is going to agree with everything everyone posts here, or even agrees with everything the PAFOA does, that's life.

My only goal is to provide something that is a net-positive benefit to the community.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    Good grief, they wouldn't last 30 seconds on Arfcom....
    Agreed, apparently our detractors haven't been on the 'net long, or anywhere that's unmoderated.

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    ..It's a lot easier to be a jerk behind a computer than to someone's face ...
    Whatever happened to the Joe Sh_tc_ck chalkboard post? Can't find it anymore.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast