Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    (Cambria County)

Default Three on Two. What would you do.

No, this isn't a for real situation. This one is to make you think. I wanted to see how some of you would handle a situation like this one. I think most of you might be surprised that you may overreact.

Your walking along with your family (you are armed with a CC firearm) when a three thugs step out of the shadows and directly in front of you. All three are holding what appear to be some kind of a striking weapon in their hands. When you stop, you are about 6 feet away from them. The leader speaks up and says he wants your wallet, and your wifes purse.

QUESTION #1: Would you give up your wallet and wifes purse?

As the situation proceeds. The thugs starts to get louder and says he wants more jewelry that you have on. He raises the object up in his hand in a menacing manner. The others are just shuffling around yelling encouragement for you to hurry up.

QUESTION #2: Well, do you give it up.

Suddenly the leader starts toward you at a fast pace. He raises the object in his hand which you can clearly see is a club of some sort.

QUESTION #3: What do you do now.

Assuming that you have drawn your firearm now, if you hadn't done so earlier. What was your course of action? You have one guy rushing you and the others cheering him on with weapons in their hands. What would you do? Who would you engage?

Wanted to see if this makes some of you think or not.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Three on Two. What would you do.

I would have to shoot the guy rushing me, as he would present the most immanent danger, and then turn my attention to the other two and try to hold them til the police could be notified. If the other two would try to attack or approach they would have to be incapacitated as well.

Sorry, forgot to answer your question. No I would not give them anything.
    Last edited by shooter357; August 4th, 2008 at 11:00 AM. Reason: added text
    ““Liberty is the right to choose. Freedom is the result of the right choice.””

-Anonymous

Jeff

(Bucks County)

As soon as I saw weapons and heard the robbery demand, I would be in fear of our lives and would respond appropriately.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    As soon as I saw weapons and heard the robbery demand, I would be in fear of our lives and would respond appropriately.
    Which means what??? You and your family turn and run screaming for help?

What would you do. He's rushing you! Quick! Now what! What about the other guys!?!

(Montgomery County)

I would put myself between the BGs and my wife and family while drawing my CCW and engage the closest threat (the guy rushing me) first, then assess the situation.
    Last edited by 1blindref; August 4th, 2008 at 11:20 AM.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

(Montgomery County)

Give them what they wanted.

If that did not quell the situation, and drawing my firearm for the use of self defense was warranted (meaning that I felt my life was in danger, even though I was complying with the request of the "attacker") and did not place my family in further danger... BANG, BANG. Turn to cover the remaining assailants to determine if imminent danger still persisted.

Assuming that there was no further threat...
    call 911,
    my lawyer,
    instruct the wife to state that there were X people assumed involved, the person bleeding on the ground had a weapon and the description of the other 2 are XX and they went that way (assuming that they fled when the .45 with hydrashocks came flaing out of the 3" barrell). Answer no other questions by the police.

depending on situation... if further threats were present, address as needed.

Depending on location (mall vs. Downtown west Philly) reholster vs. Unload and make certain is clear to the police that the weapon is in an unloaded condition prior to me eating the concrete.

All other questions can be addressed through my attorney who will be here shortly.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by shooter357 View Post
    I would have to shoot the guy rushing me, as he would present the most immanent danger, and then turn my attention to the other two and try to hold them til the police could be notified. If the other two would try to attack or approach they would have to be incapacitated as well.

Sorry, forgot to answer your question. No I would not give them anything.
    Good answer. But are you allowed to shoot the other two guys. They are armed? Your scared for your life and your families! Why not dust them all?

(Trying to make everyone think)

(Allegheny County)

Gut instinct would be to get myself between my wife and the thugs thus putting a little more distance between her and the potential attackers. They have weapons and are acting in a threatening manner. At this point being out numbered turning your back to them would not likely be a wise idea. I would draw, if at this point they continued to advance, start taking them out. At this point when they advanced it is clear their intentions are to do bodily harm.

(Monroe County)

I may consider giving in to their demands if I were alone. However, if I were with my girlfriend of 8 years, the chances of me doing anything but defending her life is extremely slim.

(Bucks County)

"As soon as I saw weapons and heard the robbery demand, I would be in fear of our lives and would respond appropriately."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    Which means what??? You and your family turn and run screaming for help?

What would you do. He's rushing you! Quick! Now what! What about the other guys!?!
    In bold is the requirement needed to respond with deadly force. DTap all 3 unless they were retreating. Didn't think elaboration was needed.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast