Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Mifflin County)

Default Motorcyclists, need a holster?

Has anyone seen this before? http://www.sandssalesco.com/

Looks like an interesting option.

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Motorcyclists, need a holster?

Kinda pricey!

Lycanbutiliketheideathrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Monroe County)

I wonder if there would be any legality issues surrounding that particular holster as clearly it is openly displayed on the external of a vehicle and in order to carry it you would have to draw it (once again in full view) to holster on your person.

Not to mention someone kicking up a rock could do some serious damage to your pistol depending on how its mounted...
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

dumb......

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by sjl127 View Post
    dumb......
    I agree. It would be behind your leg, doesn't seem to accessible. There may be an engine heat issue after you rode a while and tried to grab it. I don't like the idea of it being there where I may forget it! I ride a sportbike and have left my keys hanging from the lock of the underseat storage before its pretty easy to do. Don't want to think about leaving a gun out for anyone to take. I use an ankle holster if I want to carry while I ride and keep the firearm handy.

uh, I hope anyone doesn't think just because it needs a key its secure. Any bright individual can pick that lock with 2 paper clips, I'm capable. I never trust key based locks, they're stupidly simple to unlock an item like that.

Anyone who leaves a firearm in any vehicle and thinks its "secure" is an imbecile. If I've a firearm in a car, I consider it a threat/liability and insecure if not in my grasp or on my person. In no way does a locking mechanism mean security, its a false sense of security to make you or others think its secure.

Locking mechanisms and other security methods are only considered to slow people down, just as if it were an encrypted message, which is what I commonly use as a simile when I talk about security to individuals. Security == delaying the person(s) from obtaining breaking in/getting what he wants.

I consider the same for software programming. A site is "secure" but in reality there are unknown exploits in the software, its only a matter of time before one finds a bug and takes advantage of it.