Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Boondock Saints 2: All Saints Day

I went to see this last night and it was AWESOME. If you liked the original, this one is almost as good. They were a little excessive with the comic relief, but all in all it was a great movie. The cinematography was outstanding, a few of the actors were a little weak, but all in all I'd give it a solid 8.5/10. Definitely worth the drive to KoP.

Anyone else seen it yet? Or fans of the original?

(Monroe County)

Default Re: The Boondock Saints 2: All Saints Day

Quote Originally Posted by BTA88 View Post
    I went to see this last night and it was AWESOME. If you liked the original, this one is almost as good. They were a little excessive with the comic relief, but all in all it was a great movie. The cinematography was outstanding, a few of the actors were a little weak, but all in all I'd give it a solid 8.5/10. Definitely worth the drive to KoP.

Anyone else seen it yet? Or fans of the original?
    i love the original!..i own it and have watched it over 100 times, can't wait to see the new one.

Fan of the original - definitely one that I enjoyed watching.

(Bucks County)

Love the original!
    I have my 1911 grips customized to the tattoos on their hands: Veritas/Aequitas...
    I posted this one elsewhere as well...not a great pic..but..

The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living
    with power to endanger the public liberty. -John Adams

We should consider ourselves lucky to live in the Northeast. I just checked out the list of theaters it's showing in, they are all PA, NJ, CT/MA/RI, and CA. We win!

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/b...nts2/theaters/

I've gotta say, though, I think it'll be spread out to a lot more theaters as time goes on, like they did with Paranormal Activity or whatever that ghost movie was called.
    Quote Originally Posted by condition1 View Post
    Love the original!
    I have my 1911 grips customized to the tattoos on their hands: Veritas/Aequitas...
    I posted this one elsewhere as well...not a great pic..but..
    Those are some sweet grips...I don't want to give anything away, but wait till you see the pair of 1911s in the movie

(Beaver County)

Love the original as well. Just found this article:

Boondock Saints 2 Release Locations Scarce for Saints Fans
    By Robert Dougherty

Boondock Saints 2 release locations are few and far between, but those Boondock Saints 2 release locations are valuable to Saints fans. Only 65 Boondock Saints 2 release locations are out there this weekend, mostly in New York and Los Angeles. Despite the Boondock Saints cult following, it might be hard for Boondock Saints 2 to get more release locations in the weeks ahead. That doesn't mean the fans won't try, as they create online petitions for more Boondock Saints 2 release locations.

The Boondock Saints cult following has waited for a sequel for 10 years. Despite the release date being today, many fans may have to wait a while longer. Many of them aren't close to Boondock Saints 2 release locations today, since there are only 65 theaters playing the movie today, most of them on the Coasts.

Fans can only search online to see if they are near a Boondock Saints 2 location. But it is their hope that in the coming weeks, the movie will get a wider release. Petitions have been formed online for a nationwide release, but that might be very hard to come by.

Earlier this month, Paranormal Activity was only out in a select few theaters, and now it is a box office phenomenon. That was accomplished due to rave reviews, word-of-mouth, and some studio backing. But Boondock Saints 2 does not have studio backing, is a sequel to a film that's 10 years old, and only has good word-of-mouth from its fanbase.

To many people outside of the Boondocks cult, the movies are ultra-violent messes that are third-rate Quentin Tarantino knockoffs. Some audiences are probably more familiar with writer-director Troy Duffy from his notorious off-screen downfall, and not his films. If the Boondock Saints 2 release locations are to increase, there needs to be a strong push from fans other than those in the Boondocks/Duffy cult.

But even if there aren't enough Boondock Saints 2 release locations to go around, it may not matter in the long run. The first film only became successful when it left theaters, and became a home video hit. Likewise, the success of the sequel will likely come from DVD sales, especially when fans who aren't near Boondock Saints 2 theaters finally get to see it.

For those lucky fans near the 65 select theater locations, today truly is All Saints Day. But for others, it will take a while longer to see the MacManus brothers strike again.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by BTA88 View Post
    Those are some sweet grips...I don't want to give anything away, but wait till you see the pair of 1911s in the movie
    Thanks! haha...can't wait!!

The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living
    with power to endanger the public liberty. -John Adams

(Montgomery County)

Didn't even know this was out yet. I'm off tomorrow maybe I'll go check it out in KOP

(Monroe County)

I don't get why they didnt release it nation wide.
    The first was amazing, I can only hope for the second to be as good.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Delaware County)

I honestly couldn't get into the 1st movie at all.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast