Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Possible MWAG call, and wearing a supportive brace while carrying

Went in for a few things at Walmart and as we rounded the top of the food aisle we glanced down and going down the opposite side was a police officer quick walking and glancing down every row. I got my voice recorder set up just in case he pinned me down, whether he was there for me or a gallon of milk.

Someone may have called me in but I avoided the cop as he meandered through the store with Mr Magoo magic. We always seemed to be heading around the department he was going through, or saw him on the far side. From food to pharmacy, sporting goods to electronics. I checked out and kept a look out but didnt see him. Never got close enough to see the dept he worked for either. I looked for a cruiser in the parking lot but didnt see it at my end at least. Guess I felt pretty paranoid for getting the recorder out but I figured it was better to be safe than sorry.

On a side note, I have to wear a hand brace now, and a firm grip is going to be impossible. I have no faith in my off hand shooting. I guess if I ever need it I have to hope I can find time to take it off. I wouldnt need to wear it at all if I had listened to the Dr in the first place but now Ive permanently injured myself. It just gets better then gets re-aggravated as I abuse it. So the brace gets worn when it bothers me, but I havent worn it since I started carrying regularly
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

(Centre County)

Default Re: Possible MWAG call, and wearing a supportive brace while carrying

Holy crap your paranoid! Maybe the man just needed to do some shopping, if he was there for a MWAG call I'm sure you would have known about it and not be able to avoid with him with "Mr Magoo magic".

As for the brace, have you tried shooting at the range with the brace on? Think you're going to be able to get the brace off before having to engage a threat is a novel concept which likely wouldn't work in practicality. Alas everyone is allowed to dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by YllwFvr View Post
    On a side note, I have to wear a hand brace now, and a firm grip is going to be impossible. I have no faith in my off hand shooting. I guess if I ever need it I have to hope I can find time to take it off. I wouldnt need to wear it at all if I had listened to the Dr in the first place but now Ive permanently injured myself. It just gets better then gets re-aggravated as I abuse it. So the brace gets worn when it bothers me, but I havent worn it since I started carrying regularly
    I used to shoot pistols right-handed, and now I don't. There are far worse things than sustaining an injury to your primary hand and having to switch important functions to the other side. Learn to compensate.

(Washington County)

It may not be a bad isea to get set up with a secondary sighting system like a laser to help out with your offhand shooting while injured.

(Lackawanna County)

Late last evening they were looking for a BOLO subject who was possibly spotted in Walmart or Target.

I think the DC police would be the LEAST likely to be looking for an open carrier .
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."