Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Sig's 556

(Lancaster County)

Default Sig's 556

Does anyone know of any shop that has one in stock? Preferably in the SE or Central part of Pa. My brother is dying for one and is willing to purchase before he even handles it. I know, I know, I've tried to tell him to wait a little while, but I told him I would ask.

Default Re: Sig's 556

The 556 are going for higher than their MSRP, so if he can find one for $2300 he will find a bargain. I have seen them run $2600. Hope your brother has some deep pockets, because I for one do not feel they are worth the price tag. Your brother could buy a complete AR15 and 3-4 extra uppers for the same money.

(Fulton County)

there are some on gunbroker

id wait .......

(Lancaster County)

I know, I know. I have actually found a guy that said he could order one for the MSRP, but who knows how long that will take to arrive. I was just wondering if anyone knew of one sitting in a shop.

(Northumberland County)

If they actually sell at their msrp of $1299 they wouldn't be a bad deal... But almost twice that... no way...

For that price I'd look at one of the FN Bullpups...

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by The Drew View Post
    If they actually sell at their msrp of $1299 they wouldn't be a bad deal... But almost twice that... no way...

For that price I'd look at one of the FN Bullpups...

You might even want to wait on one of those. From what I understand the prices on the bullpups are getting ready to bottom out.

Quote Originally Posted by K9346 View Post
    You might even want to wait on one of those. From what I understand the prices on the bullpups are getting ready to bottom out.
    Not sure where you get your info from, BUT FN has just increased their prices. Tanners was a huge FN dealer and they aren't going to be buying FN weapons due to the higher cost from FN. Also, how are firearms going to "bottom out" when cost of materials are on the rise? I must have missed something in Economics 101.

(Lancaster County)

Cool Re: Sig's 556

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    Not sure where you get your info from, BUT FN has just increased their prices. Tanners was a huge FN dealer and they aren't going to be buying FN weapons due to the higher cost from FN. Also, how are firearms going to "bottom out" when cost of materials are on the rise? I must have missed something in Economics 101.

Ok, my bad. Maybe I should have phrased it better for some. What I meant was with the release of the FS2000 to go with the PS90, and the release of the 556 along with the rest of the carbine market, you should probably see the bullpups going at or around the original MSRP set by FN as opposed to the large markups you are currently seeing. How's that for a economics lesson.

(Berks County)

Hey guys.

As you might know from my previous posts, I'm a big fan of Michael Bane and his show "Shooting Gallery" on the Outdoor network. In addition, I regularly read his blog, on which he has recently starting adding video content to his posts.

If you're interested in a quick overview of the Sig 556, his latest two posts have some video of him shooting the 556 and some comments on the weapon. In addition, a rep from Sig shows how to field strip the weapon.

Have fun:
    http://michaelbane.blogspot.com/2007...6-carbine.html
    http://michaelbane.blogspot.com/2007...w-opening.html
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas