Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Threaded Barrel for a S&W M&P 9mm

I'm contemplating buying a Trident suppressor. I haven't made the decision yet, but I'm trying to gather the information I need. And before I even get into all the paperwork, I need to find a place that will make a threaded barrel for my M&P9.

I emailed Bar-Sto and KKM; Bar-Sto has yet to reply, and KKM said "No". I plan on contacting S&W as well, but my guess is that to have the Performance Center custom make one (if they even will) is going to be more cash than I have.

Anyone know of any other quality barrel manufacturers which will make a threaded barrel for an M&P, or that stock them at a reasonable price?
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Centre County)

Default Re: Threaded Barrel for a S&W M&P 9mm

Good luck with that! I have just decided to buy one of the SWR Trident 9's also but I'm going to suppress a glock and have already found a threaded barrel. I know nothing about the M&P, good luck with that!.
    Cheers
    Josh

(Philadelphia County)

I've actually been considering suppressing my Glock 26 with one of the shorter cans available for a nice compact package. I'd just get a factory G19 barrel and have a machinist thread the end. Though, I think i want to get one of my home-defense rifles supressed first since that's really what going to leave me with permanent hearing damage when the shit hits.

Hey guy's,

I did a google search for threaded barrels for an M&P 45 and found this post asking about threaded barrels for a M&P 9mm. If it helps you any, I know ADCO will extrude and thread your factory barrel. Here is a link to where I found the info on Silencer Talk.

http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/vi...highlight=adco

(Washington County)

I found this thread on the MP-Pistol.com boards, where someone was looking for a threaded barrel for an M&P 45. One of the responses, posted on December 6th, was by a guy from Storm Lake Barrels :

"We have 40S&W, 357Sig, and 9mm in development on the 4" barrel, which we expect to have ready by January.

The 45ACP and subcompacts will follow, and we hope to have those ready by March-April. All of the models will have threading options.

Best Regards,
    David Tarlton
    Storm Lake Barrels
    5450 Highway 321 N #2
    Lenoir City, TN 37771
    865-988-8933 office
    865-271-9441 fax"

I know nothing about threaded barrels, but I did just pick up an M&P 9c yesterday, so I've been reading quite a bit over there and thought that post might help.

ETA: Sorry, didn't even look to see that the poster above me dug this up from way back when...
    Last edited by colagrrl; December 30th, 2007 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Didn't notice the date.

(Berks County)

Very nice, I had all but forgotten about this! If Storm Lake is stocking them or making them to order, I'll definitely be picking one up.
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."

-John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Ok I went out and got the storm ported barrel. For my S&W M&P 45. I shoot it in the dark. At 50 ft. Side by side with the stock barrel. The grouping was smaller with the storm barrel. There was no more noise than the stock barrel. In the dark I could see fine. No blow back of Particles. Double tapping was quicker. Felt recoil was lesson. Muzzle rise was also less. This was with 230gr jp. 5.0grians win. Powder. All in all, not a big Improvement. But improvement there was. I like the storm lake ported barrel.

(Berks County)

Holy necro-post! Thanks for the info though...
    -Charlton Heston

-John Quincy Adams

-Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas