Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Angry Nutter, Ramsey, and Phila. City Council

I can't help but think that if they spent more time actually adressing the problems in Philly, rather than worrying about all of us law abiding folk, MAYBE SOME PIECE OF TRASH WOULDN'T HAVE SMASHED THE DRIVER'S WINDOW OF MY TRUCK AND RANSACKED IT LAST NIGHT!!! I won't be spending anymore nights at my girlfriend's house.
    Last edited by unloved; September 18th, 2008 at 01:15 PM.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Nutter, Ramsey, and Phila. City Council

That sucks, man. Sorry to hear it, and I complete agree with you and understand your frustration. These idiots, liberal and conservative, have COMPLETELY forgotten why they were elected.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    That sucks, man. Sorry to hear it, and I complete agree with you and understand your frustration. These idiots, liberal and conservative, have COMPLETELY forgotten why they were elected.
    Sorry C.R. must totally disagree with you here, they KNOW why they ran and were elected for. It's just a misunderstanding on the people's part. See the voters THOUGHT they were electing people to represent them and give them a voice. These people ran for and were elected for POWER. They helped fuel the misperception BUT that was why they ran, that is what they were elected for, to have power (or take power away from the last guy).

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    Sorry C.R. must totally disagree with you here, they KNOW why they ran and were elected for. It's just a misunderstanding on the people's part. See the voters THOUGHT they were electing people to represent them and give them a voice. These people ran for and were elected for POWER. They helped fuel the misperception BUT that was why they ran, that is what they were elected for, to have power (or take power away from the last guy).
    Exactly the problem with ALL of our politicians.

i have long maintained that the true disaster of the out of control violent crime in philly is the collateral damage caused to every single decent community. the l.e. are so busy up in the hood that many non-violent quality of life crimes dont get the attention they deserve, furthermore its the high instance of these types of crime that make folks want to flee the city or stay away
    To err is human, to be prepared divine

(Bucks County)

Sorry I put this in the wrong forum.

Replacing the glass is taking up my whole friggin' day. At least I was able to get it for under $100.00. Still furious though.

Quote Originally Posted by ruggerio View Post
    i have long maintained that the true disaster of the out of control violent crime in philly is the collateral damage caused to every single decent community. the l.e. are so busy up in the hood that many non-violent quality of life crimes dont get the attention they deserve, furthermore its the high instance of these types of crime that make folks want to flee the city or stay away
    You're right, To a point. While it is very frustrating that even in the very few nicer neighborhoods there is Vandalism, drunken fights, Loud music till all hours of the night and if your car is stolen they won't even send a LEO to take your info. They take it over the phone. And response times for quality of life issues are horrendous.

That being said I don't think that is what makes people want to stay away or move out alltogether. I think it's the fact that, No matter where you live or work in this city there is allways a chance of being a victim of violent crime.
    The scumbags of the poorer neighborhoods are branching out and don't care who they hurt of kill to get what they want.

"you have no power; here is the power; feel the power, brat, and then speak again of how you come to kill the Eternal."
    Pennywise The Clown

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
    You're right, To a point. While it is very frustrating that even in the very few nicer neighborhoods there is Vandalism, drunken fights, Loud music till all hours of the night and if your car is stolen they won't even send a LEO to take your info. They take it over the phone. And response times for quality of life issues are horrendous.

That being said I don't think that is what makes people want to stay away or move out alltogether. I think it's the fact that, No matter where you live or work in this city there is allways a chance of being a victim of violent crime.
    The scumbags of the poorer neighborhoods are branching out and don't care who they hurt of kill to get what they want.
    Your avatar is disturbing.
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh