Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default ??? Dan Wesson Point Man ???

I'm looking to add another 1911 My local shop has Dan Wesson Point Man it's not what I'm really looking for but...Maybe, but the price @ $599 worries me I want quality & NO trouble.( I do know trouble can come with anything) I have several 1911's & none under aprox. $1000 & most more. But even if I don't want it? I have a friend that goes to range with me now & then & now he want's his own instead of borrowing one of mine....lol..I knew he would catch that bug...lol.......So you say? I also told him to write our Senator to help keep our way of life, Safe.
    Last edited by Ronnies111; October 20th, 2009 at 01:20 PM.
    I'm Your Huckaberry...Say When:)

(Venango County)

Default Re: ??? Dan Wesson Point Man ???

Dan Wesson makes some good quality 1911's. I don't think you can go wrong at that price.

You mean a Pointman 7[aka PM-7]? For $599???

I have a Dan Wesson Heritage which is very similar except mine has combat sights and has a clark style target rib. I was considering both the PM-7 and the Heritage and found the Heritage for a little cheaper. I paid around $1K for mine. Dan Wesson is a very quality firearm and uses more custom parts[ED Brown] and less MIM parts than any other 1911 in that price range INCLUDING Kimber. Fit and finish are very good and while I have only put around 500 rounds through it I have not once had a FTF/FTE or any problems with this pistol. Both the PM-7 and the Heritage come with Match barrels and it is very accurate.

I'm just wondering why that Dan Wesson you saw[if it was a PM-7] is selling for so cheap.

(Montgomery County)

Be careful of what you're looking at. I spotted a Pointman-2 at a gun show last summer and almost picked it up for a little over $500. It's not the equal of the Pointman-7. I remember reading that the PM-2's quality wasn't quite up to the newer PM-7s....but that's not to say that it's a bad value. Just make sure you do your research. I have a Dan Wesson Valor that cost me about 1300, and I can't say enough good things about it. The parts, fit, finish and function are all top notch, and a great value even at the higher cost. Just make sure which version of the Pointman you're looking at, and research that particular model.

If you can't see anything wrong with it, I would get it in a heart beat. Just try to make sure that it functions properly.

Quote Originally Posted by blaster668 View Post
    Dan Wesson makes some good quality 1911's. I don't think you can go wrong at that price.
    While researching the pistol I read they are now being made by CZ. I don't know the quality behind the name? Anyone have the scoop on that?
    I'm Your Huckaberry...Say When:)

(Montgomery County)

CZ is pretty good stuff. The Dan Wesson Valor is actually made all in the USA. Dan Wesson is just owned by CZ-USA

(Susquehanna County)

All DW pistols are made in NY State. I have a PM7 in 10mm and this pistol soaks up the Double Tap ammo like nothing else. I also shoot a Glock 20 and the Glock ain't got nothin' on the DW. I also shoot a DW CBOB in 45. DW's customer service is excellent from what I hear. I would snatch that pistol up!!!

(Franklin County)

CZ makes excellent 'duty' pistols, and have for a long time (I have two). They own Dan Wesson, which is a high end handgun... in the same category as Kimber and STI. If you can get one for $599, its a good deal.