Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Fayette County)

Default heiritage ruff rider

i was at one of my local gun shops the other day, and i came across a heiritage ruff rider, thinking about buying it for just a plinker and possible a secondary for small game and racoon hunting, i already have a ruger single six but id like to "retire" it due to it is my fathers pistol and id like to keep it nice. i was just wondering if anybody had one and what they thought about it?

Default Re: heiritage ruff rider

I don't have one but have heard mixed reports ranging from fell apart first time I shot it to the best bargain on the gun market. I've handled them and can tell you you are not going to get the quality you get in the Ruger. I'd save a little more, buy a Ruger matching your father's and then you can hand down Grandpa's and Dad's gun. Might start a family tradition.

ps You are never going to wear out the Ruger you have.

I have a .22/.22 Mag and .32 Mag. No, they are not Rugers. You get what you pay for and for the price, they are good. I've never had any trouble with mine. You could save up and get something better, but for just a plinker they are fine.

(Lancaster County)

i have one as a backpack gun. i carry for those "just in case" times. they are decent. the 22mag is more acurate than the 22lr. if you want a gun your not worring about messing up ( getting wet, banged around) while hiking they are great. if not save te money and get the ruger.
    No longer posting

(Lancaster County)

I picked this 22/22mag up for $169.00 new and forme it has been worth the price. It also has gotten me interesten in more single action revolvers. It took me a while to get used to it though but it really became a fun plinker once I did.

(Luzerne County)

I have one in a 22/22mag and I love it. It is not the quality of my colt but, it is fun to shoot and it was cheap. I bought it to keep the round count down on my colt peacemaker and, it has done just that. I say go for it. IMO Joe

(Monroe County)

Theyre beautiful Guns, very pretty with nice wood grips and made well, and for the price you cant beat it. The box that they come in looks like it cost about $30, its a classy gun from a classy company in Florida.

Its my only Single action, but it inspired me to get a .17 hmr and a .45 to match.
    Usually i dont care about Single actions but the Rough rider from Heritage arms is a nice gun for very little money.

nyman