Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Pro-gun (NRA, etc) stickers on your vehicle

Joined the NRA for the first time this past December to help combat this latest assault on the 2nd Amendment. I finally got my NRA welcome package today and as anticipated, the materials include NRA stickers.

I would like to put one on my truck, but then I thought about how this may affect officer behavior in the event I am stopped, enter a DUI checkpoint, etc. As there is no duty to inform an officer during a stop, I would probably choose not to mention my firearm or LTCF so it remains safely holstered for both our safety.

However, if I have the sticker, it may prompt an overzealous LEO to question me about possessing a firearm where he might not have otherwise during a routine stop. Of course if asked directly, I would inform, but again I don't think I would volunteer it. (I generally stay within the traffic laws and have only been stopped twice since I began driving in the early 80s.)

So, soliciting opinions...to sticker or not to sticker, that is the question.
    p.s., I live in the fairly dense Philly burbs, not out in the sticks where the locals hunt and drink beer with the county sheriff!

(Crawford County)

Default Re: Pro-gun (NRA, etc) stickers on your vehicle

Saw a sticker I would happily apply to my Jimmy today

".45 ACP
    Cause shooting twice
    is just silly."

I'd put it right next to the "Bad cop, no donut" sticker I want...
    "When I hit it, I expect it to fall the hell down and die!"

(Delaware County)

I don't drive so I just wear the stickers on my forehead and seat of my pants.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Berks County)

My gut feel is an NRA sticker would indicate that you support the constitution and are a responsible owner. But, that's just me.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Bucks County)

I don't put any kind of advertising on my truck.

I'd guess that you drive into/park in the city from time-to-time, at which point you don't want to advertise would-be thieves that there could possibly be firearms in the truck. Add in the possibility of tipping off a cop that you might be carrying and, well, you get the idea.

FWIW I don't have any kind of stickers on my truck...not even the GMC Sierra badges it came with!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post

However, if I have the sticker, it may prompt an overzealous LEO to question me about possessing a firearm where he might not have otherwise during a routine stop.
    My reason exactly as to why no stickers on my vehicle.

(Bucks County)

I say sticker, and sticker proudly. Hell, my license plate is an NRA plate. I have stickers on my office door at work, and on official company bulletin boards.

Don't apologize, or be embarrased by what we love. The more people see it, the more accepted it will become.

(Philadelphia County)

I live in Philthy, I have an NRA Sticker next to an American flag and lethal threat sticker. On the other side is a big PAFOA sticker. I have an "Armed Infidel" Sticker on my bumper too. Can't remember the last time I got pulled over but I have about 3 military stickers too so that probably helps. Bottom line you should be good in "Free Pa".

If a cop targeted you because of your political stance, you'd have one hell of a civil suit on your hands. I say put the sticker on your vehicle.

Regarding not informing an officer that you're carrying concealed is, in my opinion, a terrible idea. I've never heard of an incident where a motorist was stopped, proceeded to hand over license/reg/insurance/LTCF, and was treated disrespectfully/illegally. I have heard of the opposite, where a motorist didn't notify and was subsequently searched.

I'm questioning myself about the same thing to sticker or not to sticker. I have a GOA sticker but still waiting on the NRA package. I'm not worried about what some police officers may think I'm worried about neighbors knowing or at least thinking that i have firearms. I live in a first floor apt not a bad area but of course there are some shady looking characters walking around here and there so my fear is being burglarized when I'm not home.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast