Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default More Estate 00 Buck Issues...I think

This thread is somewhat related to my thread from 2 years ago: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=270832

I took my 870 Police out again recently after not having issues for a while...issues have returned. Here are the facts, and I'd appreciate hearing of anyone's similar experiences:

1. I was experiencing a malfunction that you would think stems from "short-stroking".....upon attempting to rack everything FORWARD, the round hangs up on the face/lip of the breech, and is let loose by pulling back a fraction of an inch--I'm then able to rack it forward fully.

2. The malfunctions have consistently been observed when I was shooting 2 3/4 Estate 00 Buck. (https://www.midwayusa.com/product/75...lets-box-of-25)

3. The malfunction does not occur every single time, but during this past range trip, it occurred regularly (every 3-4 rounds, perhaps).

4. The Kicker: a counterpart brought his Mossberg 590, and consistently had the same malfunction!

Now, next time I go out, I'm going to take a good amount of another brand of 2 3/4 00 Buck and attempt to confirm it's an ammo issue, but has anyone had this issue so consistently? I'm confused by the lack of similar experience online, coupled with the fact that these are not "budget" pump guns, per say, so they should be able to eat anything, IMO. I'll try to get a youtube vid up asap, and post the link.
    Video : https://youtu.be/cCO_FnUFNxY
    Last edited by StingyGunner; February 26th, 2017 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Video link

Default Re: More Estate 00 Buck Issues...I think

That is strange. I have used that cheap shit in a Mossberg 500 and 535 with no issues. Is it the white box? That is what I was using

(Centre County)

Yessir, it is the same ammo. I don't remember this, but according to my old thread, i had the issue with other types of ammo as well. Test and retest i guess.

(Centre County)

Bump for anyone willing to check out the video and offer his/her thoughts. Keep in mind the trigger group is basically new.