Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Default Gotta love state laws...

The family is flying down to Florida for Christmas. My parents bought tickets, so we are flying out of BWI, hmm. I am not too hyped about that, so I thought "hey I could just ship it down." Negative, in order for me to get it back to PA, going the shipped route, I have to have a FL ID. That just puts a damper on things. The flying out of BWI is not the concern, the coming home is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    ...there are the true Americans that believe man can govern him/her self. They believe that ingenuity, integrity, hard work, morals and values have merit. That the government is accountable to the people and not the other way around.

Default Re: Gotta love state laws...

can you pre-print a UPS shipping label? then, put the label on the package and drop it off at a UPS shipping store in Florida.

(Cumberland County)

I would be WAY more worried about flying out of BWI than flying out of anywhere in Florida. Once your luggage gets back to BWI, it will be on the baggage carousel with every other piece of luggage from that flight. I'm not sure I understand the concern.

ETA: I re-read the OP. Ship it down then fly back with it. ^ ^ ^ See above.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

Can FOPA be applicable for flights if your destination accepts your license?
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Can FOPA be applicable for flights if your destination accepts your license?
    I've flown to Las Vegas and Minneapolis out of MDT. The return trip was no issue. No one at the airport asked to see a valid carry permit. You have a firearm in your checked bag; they don't care why. They simply execute their procedure for handling a checked bag with a firearm.

Like I stated in my previous post - I'd be more worried about flying OUT of BWI.

And no, FOPA does not cover the scenario of driving from PA to Newark airport (for example) and getting on a plane. Some federal (I think) douche canoe of a judge determined that since you're walking from the car to the baggage check desk, FOPA does not apply because you were on foot. Yeah, that needs to get fixed along with the scenario of getting stranded at or having a flight diverted to an airport that is behind enemy lines.

The next 4 (hopefully 8) years going to be wonderful for 2A.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown