Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: G19 vs G26

(Philadelphia County)

Question G19 vs G26

I have a Gen 4 G19 that I carry just about everyday. I conceal it fine, however I've been interested in getting a G26, not as a total replacement for my G19 but specifically for the hot summer months where cc is a bit more challenging...

Anyhow, the capacity difference is apparent obviously, but what about velocity loss due to the shorter barrel and how much is the accuracy compromised with the shorter sight radius?

Thanks

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by Recon19; March 26th, 2012 at 06:54 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: G19 vs G26

On a side note, I have put about 150 rounds through a G26 once, a couple of years ago. I didn't exactly notice that big of a difference in accuracy terms, just curious as to what others have to say about this...

Thanks.

(Bucks County)

Honestly, I have a G27 and if I had to do it over I would go with the G23. With out the finger extensions it's hard to get a hold of but after you put the finger extensions on the mags the size difference is not much at all. And the gap in the finger extensions can bite you and give you a nice blood blister when you're shooting. As far as accuracy I don't see much difference between the two. Just my 2 cents and worth every penny. ;-)

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Recon19 View Post
    On a side note, I have put about 150 rounds through a G26 once, a couple of years ago. I didn't exactly notice that big of a difference in accuracy terms, just curious as to what others have to say about this...

Thanks.
    I've tried the G26, G27, G36. They are simply too small for my big hands.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordinho View Post
    Honestly, I have a G27 and if I had to do it over I would go with the G23. With out the finger extensions it's hard to get a hold of but after you put the finger extensions on the mags the size difference is not much at all. And the gap in the finger extensions can bite you and give you a nice blood blister when you're shooting. As far as accuracy I don't see much difference between the two. Just my 2 cents and worth every penny. ;-)
    That blister does sound pretty bad. When I shot the G26 a couple of years back, I didn't notice any accuracy difference as well, at least not discernible.
    Last edited by Recon19; March 25th, 2012 at 09:30 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeanut View Post
    I've tried the G26, G27, G36. They are simply too small for my big hands.
    I know what you mean, I have larger hands as well, but for 9mm I do prefer the Glock platform.

For .45 I use strictly 1911's.

(Philadelphia County)

I guess the whole point is that how much does a half inch barrel length deficit lesson the effectiveness of the round?

I carry pretty costly JHPs in 9mm Luger, am I getting near Kurtz ballistics all of the sudden by going with the subby?

(Lackawanna County)

Just for giggles I shot a couple Idpa matches and a run and gun match with a g26. I didn't feel that I was "out gunned" using the g26. It wasn't optimal for the sport as my g34 but I did well with it. It has replaced my g19 as my edc. My g19 is strictly a suppressor host these days.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by fastfive0 View Post
    Just for giggles I shot a couple Idpa matches and a run and gun match with a g26. I didn't feel that I was "out gunned" using the g26. It wasn't optimal for the sport as my g34 but I did well with it. It has replaced my g19 as my edc. My g19 is strictly a suppressor host these days.
    Interesting story lol! Well, it certainly still has the low bore axis, which I love about Glocks.

(Philadelphia County)

I think it's pretty much a general consensus that the G26 is a very accurate gun for it's size.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast