Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Potter County)

Default unprofessional broadcasting

Unprofessional broadcasting

early this week on WJAC tv one of the reporters was interviewing an LEO about some gun related story
    (sorry I was not paying to much attention as to the details)

what got my interest was after the interview the reporter stated the in pa it was illegal to posses an unregistered handgun, WTF

where did this reporter get this info. from the LEO related to the story ? or did she just ask the janitor (nothing against janitors)

I think the station manager need to be sent a PFOA pa gun law pamphlet and correct their mistake on air

It just astounds me how over the years professionalism as all but left the news industry as well as most intelligence ! Example below

same news station, just to paraphrase “thief stole 150 bee-hives” the closing statement by the reporter was “the thief must have known they were there” brilliant deduction sherlock !

This news station doesn't cover potter county where we live, nobody else does either, we watch it for comic relief and to see how low the news media has become

does anybody else here watch WJAC tv ?
    gun control dosen't work, career criminal control will !

(Franklin County)

Default Re: unprofessional broadcasting

Quote Originally Posted by lonehiker View Post
    I think the station manager need to be sent a PFOA pa gun law pamphlet and correct their mistake on air
    If you're talking about this flyer, remember thay any member can print one out and include it with a letter (hint, hint). However, in this situation, that may not be the best solution, since registration isn't specifically addressed.

What you may want to point out is Title 18, §6111.4
    §6111.4. Registration of Firearms.

Notwithstanding any section of this chapter to the contrary, nothing in this chapter shall be construed to allow any government or law enforcement agency or any agent thereof to create, maintain or operate any registry of firearm ownership within this Commonwealth. For the purposes of this section only, the term “firearm” shall include any weapon that is designed to or may readily be converted to expel any projectile by the action of an explosive or the frame or receiver of any such weapon. (Added by L 1995. Spec. Sess 1, Act 17(6,), eff 10/11/95.)
    Quote for the media, "There is NO 'registration' of firearm in PA. Some transfers between parties require a record of the transfer to be submitted, but transfers between spouses, parents and children, or grandparents and grandchildren are exempt from this requirement."
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Lycoming County)

Lone,
    I do get to watch it when I stay in State College, usually once a week. Do you remember the reporter's name? I was able to take the morning anchor, Kyla Campbell, shooting a couple of weeks ago http://www.pafoa.org/forum/general-2...ing-today.html

I hope she was not the one to make the misstatement. She usually contacts me on security and fraud issues before she runs a story. I think she would run any gun story by me now as well.

Be safe.

Scott

(York County)

Thats exactly why I don;t pay much attention to the news any more. I like to watch the BBC. A lot less consoring and spin going on over there.

Dave
    3%

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brown-Bear View Post
    I like to watch the BBC. A lot less consoring and spin going on over there.

Dave
    Was this sarcastic? BBC is certainly not without censorship, hell, the Brits have raised the manipulation of information beyond both science and art!

Besides, the BBC broadcasters probably would think that firearms have to be registered....uh, wait...nevermind

Be safe.

Scott

(Dauphin County)

These situations get me thinking. We should have like a pre-constructed letter that could be tailored to situation "X" as deemed fit. Like a type of fill in the blank thing that member could fill in to make it tailored to his or her sitation or encounter. Like just informing them who you are and which organization you are affiliated with and why you are sending "X" letter.Wether it be a bad OC policy or bad OC encounter with a company employee, or in a situation like this where the law dictated in the wrong. Maybe....I dunno just threw that out there.

Not to hi-jack the thread, but here is the WORST broadcaster in the world! Bill T.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W45DRy7M1no