Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: HB 1068

(York County)

Default HB 1068

Please read and comment:

HB 1068

Other then the focus on "GUN" crime (rather then crime as a whole) and the potential to subsidize this effort with special taxes...I can't see any harm.

What do you men and ladies think?
    Last edited by RoyJackson; September 25th, 2007 at 10:53 PM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: HB 1068

I have reservations. When politicians talk about stuff like this, people have images of police taking gang members of the street corners, and throwing the book at them. I would have no problem with this.

I might have a problem throwing the book at a guy who plead guilty to a domestic violence misdemeanor 20 years ago, that he wasn't aware made him a felon-in-possession of a firearm, and having the book thrown at him.

I would have fewer problems with a "getting tough on criminal" approach if federal and state law didn't make so many things crimes that ought not to be crimes.
    Snowflakes in Hell Blog
    Where There's Snow, There's Firepower
    http://snowflakesinhell.com

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: HB 1068

Overall this appears to be a means to help get more traction out of GCA '68, the law that makes possession of a firearms by a felon a Federal crime. If that is indeed its' purpose, I'm in favor of it! I get really PO'd when the local DAs plea bargain weapons chargees away so they can get a guilty on a reduced charge. I get even more PO'd at Federal Attorneys that are "too busy" to charge and prosecute weapons charges.