Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default danp in the newspaper

... in switzerland:

http://www.20min.ch/life/lifestyle/story/31757890

the web hits on armedamerica.org went from 45,000 a month to 175,000 <i>in one day</i> on the 20th, and then half a million on the 31st. i got a call from a swiss newspaper yesterday who wanted to do an article on the book. they put dan's charming face on it.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: danp in the newspaper

WOW! Freakin-A man!!

The Swiss dont mess around when it comes to the RKBA.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by kyle View Post
    ... in switzerland:

http://www.20min.ch/life/lifestyle/story/31757890

the web hits on armedamerica.org went from 45,000 a month to 175,000 <i>in one day</i> on the 20th, and then half a million on the 31st. i got a call from a swiss newspaper yesterday who wanted to do an article on the book. they put dan's charming face on it.
    kyle,

Forgive my ignorance. Is this your book?
    I like it.

At first, I thought it was a book project I read about on sksboards.
    (I just went there to check and I see that it is a different book.)

Here's a link to it if you wish to look at what he's doing.
    http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=16229.30
    His will be titled: AMERICAN GUN OWNER (BOOK PROPOSAL)
    Edited by David E. Williams
    Designed by Edwin Alpanian

Both books are great ideas!

Anyone know if there's an English version of the Swiss article?

(Berks County)

That's really cool. Nice work, Dan and Kyle both!

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    The Swiss dont mess around when it comes to the RKBA.
    Damn right, that's what happens when you have Nazis at your doorstep for a few years. Something that's not easily forgotten.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    kyle,

Forgive my ignorance. Is this your book?
    I like it.
    that is indeed mine. two years in the making, 13,570 miles, 100 people. the release date has been moved up to august 18 published by Krause Books, a division of F+W Publications. they make great gifts.

(Westmoreland County)

"Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

(Berks County)

that is indeed mine. two years in the making, 13,570 miles, 100 people. the release date has been moved up to august 18 published by Krause Books, a division of F+W Publications. they make great gifts.
    Kyle,
    Please keep us updated as the release date gets closer. I'd love nothing more than to support this book, the people in it, and all the hard work you've put into it.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Berks County)

Thumbs up Re: danp in the newspaper

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    Kyle,
    Please keep us updated as the release date gets closer. I'd love nothing more than to support this book, the people in it, and all the hard work you've put into it.
    +1 on that one. Also a hearty well done to Kyle and lastly to Dan for becoming and international star!
    Last edited by billamj; February 2nd, 2007 at 02:19 PM. Reason: sometimes spelling is not my cup of tea
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Bucks County)

I would like to hear more about the reason for the book and the writers point of view about gun ownership in Amerika

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    I would like to hear more about the reason for the book and the writers point of view about gun ownership in Amerika
    Quote Originally Posted by www.armedamerica.org
    The question of gun ownership in America is a fractious one. Even the number of guns in the country is in significant debate. The National Rifle Association (NRA), the country's largest pro-gun lobbying group, quotes the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE)'s estimate that in 1999 there were about 215,000,000 guns in America and one gun in about half of the households in the country. The Brady Campaign (the nation's leading anti-gun coalition) estimates there are 192,000,000 guns in America, owned by 39% of the population.

This isn't a book about guns. It's a book about people.

Whether it's 39% or 50% of Americans, it's still an awful lot of people. I started wondering just who they were, what they looked like, and how they lived. Such was the genesis of Armed America: Portraits of American Gun Owners in Their Homes. The idea was to photograph a hundred gun owners, in their homes, and do a gallery show. I figured this would take about two years. But very soon after I started, it became evident that my ambitions were too low. My mailbox flooded with letters from people I didn't know wanting to participate -- I realized that I could probably photograph a hundred people in two months, but it wasn't a number of people that was important, it was their stories -- a cowboy in Texas, a survivalist in Montana, a deer hunter in Pennsylvania, a sheriff in Georgia, a soldier in Idaho.... What I really needed, I realized, was to get moving, to drive across the country and find America somewhere between here and there.
    It's not pro or anti, it's just a book about people and their guns. I've known Kyle for a while and shoot with him regularly, I'd be quite surprised if this was all some elaborate anti-gun ambush
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast