Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Fury Grows Over Colorado's New Gun Laws

Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper signed three pieces of gun control legislation into law on Wednesday. The signings were met with anger, legal challenges and even a petition to recall Hickenlooper. Here are the details.

The three bills that have now become law require payments for background checks, universal background checks and the prohibition of large-capacity magazines.

In a statement issued upon the signing of HB 13-1224, which prohibits large-capacity ammunition magazines, Hickenlooper wrote, "we acknowledge that some have expressed concerns about the vagueness of the law's definition of "large-capacity magazine." By its terms, the law does make illegal any magazine manufactured or purchased after July 1, 2013, that is capable of accepting, or is designed to be readily converted to accept more than 15 rounds of ammunition."

Hickenlooper stated that his office is directing the Colorado Department of Public Safety to consult with the Office of the Attorney General to draft and issue technical guidance on how law enforcement agencies should interpret and enforce the law. He said that guidance is expected to be done by the law's July 1 effective date.

Already ... with the lead plaintiffs being sheriffs from around Colorado who state that the law violates the Second Amendment

Earlier this week, the Denver Post reported that Weld County Sheriff John Cooke said he wouldn't enforce the new gun-control measures. His announcements follow criticism from other sheriffs, including Terry Maketa of El Paso County and Justin Smith of Larimer County.

-snip-

The posting from Magpul went on to encourage Colorado residents to "take the state back through recalls, ballot initiatives, and the 2014 election to undo these wrongs against responsible citizens."

-snip-

An additional recall effort is underway for the Democratic Colorado Senate President, John Morse of Senate District 11, which covers El Paso County.

http://news.yahoo.com/fury-grows-ove...195200513.html
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Fury Grows Over Colorado's New Gun Laws

Thanks for that, very glad to hear they're not just rolling over on this
    Jesus is Lord !

(Bucks County)

Stay the course and do not give up.

They count on tiring and splitting the guns owners. Keep fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Thanks for that, very glad to hear they're not just rolling over on this
    That all depends on what the media wants. If they don't report it, they rolled over.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    That all depends on what the media wants. If they don't report it, they rolled over.
    And that leads me to something I've been thinking about for a long time now.
    What can we do about the media ? I doubt we can get them on our side or even get them to tell the complete truth, the obviously have an agenda.
    If I was wealthy I would buy up as many media outlets as I could & make them report only the truth & all the truth, not just cherry picked "facts".
    Is there anything we can do ? Is there anything that can be done ?
    As long as the media is pushing liberalism we will almost always just be fighting back, rarely leading the way.
    Anyone ???
    Jesus is Lord !

What can we do about the media ? I doubt we can get them on our side or even get them to tell the complete truth, the obviously have an agenda.
    If I was wealthy I would buy up as many media outlets as I could & make them report only the truth & all the truth, not just cherry picked "facts".
    As long as the media is pushing liberalism we will almost always just be fighting back, rarely leading the way.
    Anyone ???
    Well, you'll never see it on tv. The internet is the only way to get the real truth, IMO. Maybe that's why 0bozo wants to shut down youtube?
    Any videos you see on youtube about this or anything else gun related, always forward to your contacts. Thats the only thing i can come up with.

(Indiana County)

Anyone ???
    Push the cable/satellite providers to carry Glenn Becks channel is a start.

http://www.gettheblaze.com

Yes, not everyone agrees with Beck, I know I don't on everything.
    But he is for the Second and getting his channel on the major providers is a small step.
    Look at all the other channels you are paying for that have a blatant liberal agenda that includes stripping your gun rights, adding a channel that doesn't have that agenda is worth looking at the link IMO.

Sure it's about money for him as well, but who cares if that channel can advance the Second Amendment as not being some outdated dusty old thing needing change.