Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: HR 45

(Bucks County)

Default HR 45

This was sent to me and I post it without comment.

Very Important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House. This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.

We just learned yesterday about this on the Peter Boyles radio program...
    Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because it is flying under the radar.

To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information.

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:

It is registered

You are fingerprinted

You supply a current Driver's License

You supply your Social Security #

You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing

Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.

There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision.
    Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18.

They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison.

If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this. It is long and lengthy. But, more and more people are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along. Any hunters in your family - pass this along.

Peter Boyles is on this and having guests. Listen to him on KHOW 630 am. in the morning. He suggests the best way to fight this is to tell all your friends about it and "spring into action". Also he suggests we all join a pro-gun group like the Colorado Rifle Association, hunting associations, gun clubs and especially the NRA.

This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it. (Did Obama promise transparency? It seems his motives are more and more transparent while his methods are hidden in back rooms.)

This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not.

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/show

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-45

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: HR 45

If I had a nickle everytime anti-2nd amendment (or just plain idiotic in general) bills were introduced in the house i'd be sitting on a 49 square mile pile of change.

Happens almost every week, and has been for over 200 years..

So often I stopped writing new emails. I just have a form letter I send out every time some idiot introduces something. Saves alot of time.

I just wanted to say that down here, in the South, we live by the laws originally written in our United States Constitution and we believe, like you all, that our founding fathers knew what they were doing! So let me quote good ol' Thomas Jefferson about how I feel about this proposed gun law. He said, and I quote, "FREE MEN DO NOT ASK PERMISSION TO BEAR ARMS!". If we are all truly free, tell me why is such nonsense as this is even in legislature of any kind. I'm an old veteren and was raised much like many of you around guns. We used them, like our forefathers, to hunt game to eat and to protect ourselves if and when we needed to. If we, as FREE MEN let this happen, then we might as well beat our guns into 'plowshares' and give up all our rights as FREE MEN to defend our homeland and our families from those who would destroy what we, and our forefathers, fought so hard to preserve! If these folks don't want to 'bear arms', then they don't have to, but I guarantee, when the 'stuff' comes down, they will be looking for us who do to protect them!

The good news is the sponsor of this bill has this record: Out of the 33 bills he has sponsored or co-sponsored, ZERO have passed. Let's hope he's on a streak.

(Jefferson County)

I'll personally see to it that the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as part of the United State of America becomes the Republic of Pennsylvania in Union with the Republics of Texas and Montana before I comply with any law like that.