Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default I am Looking for a Dog

Hey everyone,
    A Lady I work with had an abandoned weimaraner that she was going to give to someone because it was left at a shelter. Well I was suppose to go see the dog today, but Tri-State Weimaraner Rescue came and took the dog this morning, and they want at least $300 for adoption fees plus $150 for spay/nuter fees and then I would have to drive to delaware to get the dog. And now that dog is probley going to sit at that shelter god knows how long and I could have given it a home right away , it just sucks. This was very upsetting since I'v been looking to a new dog to add to our family. If anyone has or knows someone who has a german shorthaired, weimaraner or vizsla, or even a breeder who is trust worthy and doesnt want an arm and a leg for the dog. Im looking for a younger dog , it doesnt need to be a newborn, I just dont want a senior. Thanks
    Last edited by SIG-Girl1911; April 4th, 2009 at 06:00 PM.
    "Sector 7 Hottie On HorseBack"

(Delaware County)

Default Re: I am Looking for a Dog

Quote Originally Posted by SIG-Girl1911 View Post
    Hey everyone,
    A Lady I work with had an abandoned weimaraner that she was going to give to someone because it was left at a shelter. Well I was suppose to go see the dog today, but Tri-State Weimaraner Rescue came and took the dog this morning, and they want at least $300 for adoption fees plus $150 for spay/nuter fees and then I would have to drive to delaware to get the dog. And now that dog is probley going to sit at that shelter god know how long and I could have given it a home right away , it just sucks. This was very upsetting since I'v been looking to a new dog to add to our family. If anyone has or knows someone who has a german shorthaired, weimaraner or vizsla, or even a breeder who is trust worthy and doesnt want an arm and a leg for the dog. Im looking for a younger dog , it doesnt need to be a newborn, I just dont want a senior. Thanks
    Well that leaves me out, DAMN

Sorry I couldn't resist.

(Allegheny County)

I assume you have an idea what you're getting yourself into with a Weimeriner or Viszla?... They're beautiful dogs but are generally "hyper" by nature. Have you considered visiting a local rescue shelter? I wish you lived near Pgh....I volunteer for a shelter here and we have SO MANY great dogs waiting for their forever homes!
    There are three kinds of people in this world....them what's good at math and them what ain't.

(Schuylkill County)

I am willing to drive for the dog... and I'm only 21 Im hyper myself lol
    We are willing to travel to New Jersey, New York, Ohio, and we even were going to plan a trip to Kentucky, Georgia and Texas so travel is not an issue.
    Last edited by SIG-Girl1911; April 4th, 2009 at 06:01 PM.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Well that leaves me out, DAMN

Sorry I couldn't resist.
    I dont think 1911 Shooter would like me to bring you home, and you cant lay on my lap or lick my face lol

(Delaware County)

I have to rescue dogs, a bishon-shitsu (Romeo) and a maltese-poodle (Pierre)

The original owners of Romeo were going to have him put down because he had an overbite and were afraid he would be able to eat right. He's a porker.

Pierre must have been neglected, he craves love, follows my wife around like a shadow.

I always had bigger dogs but these two guys are the coolest.

We also have two cats, two birds, about 20 fish and one teenager, although he's going to be set free very soon, yippee.

ROMEO

PIERRE

RUSTY & ZERO (Zero has a big white circle on both sides)

Good Luck with your search,

Bill

(Delaware County)

I dont think 1911 Shooter would like me to bring you home, and you cant lay on my lap or lick my face lol
    Ah, oh hell nevermind .....

(Lycoming County)

My Father just passed away and my Family inherited his German Shorthaired Pointer so I may be biased. The last thing I wanted at this point was a dog but as I stated, circumstances dictated that we were getting one. I will tell you what, this is the greatest dog! Not sure if you hunt, but , man o man, does this dog hunt so to speak. I must admit on Shooting Day (every Sunday) she goes nuts if we try to keep her in the house, she runs toward gunfire faster than any SpecOps guy I have ever met I was ridding the Barn of pigeons the other day, looking for a downed one when she is stuck on point. I am thinking, "dummy, the dead bird is over here" all the while I am sure she is saying "dummy, there is a live bird over here". After our little mexican standoff, she flushes a quail. 16 years of living on this farm, I have never seen a quail here, now, thanks to her I have.

Sorry for the rant, but she is really a great dog.

Be safe (and even a little safer yet with man's, and woman's, best friend).

Scott

(Schuylkill County)

No i wouldnt thas my territory so to speak, but hey might be willing to trade for a nice Russain AK, hahaha just kidding honey i guess i'll keep you for awhile yet.

(Monroe County)

http://www.petfinder.com/

How about a champion Flatcoated Retriever from right down the road.
    http://www.charwillkennels.com/flat.htm

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast