Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default GOA Sues City of Philadelphia Over Illegal Executive Order Banning Guns in Parks

GOA/GOF sues Philly over Illegal Executive Order Banning Guns in Public Parks

Gun Owners of America, Gun Owners Foundation, and three residents of the City of Philadelphia filed suit against the City of Philadelphia and Mayor Jim Kenney for yet another violation of the state firearms preemption law. GOA/GOF will be seeking an immediate injunction against the City's illegal executive order banning guns in public parks.

Executive Order: https://pennsylvania.gunowners.org/w...9/eo2022-4.pdf

GOA's Complaint: https://pennsylvania.gunowners.org/w...-Complaint.pdf

Last edited by vfinnell; September 27th, 2022 at 08:49 PM.
    Val W. Finnell, MD, MPH | Pennsylvania Director, Gun Owners of America | 703-321-8585

(Chester County)

Default Re: GOA Sues City of Philadelphia Over Illegal Executive Order Banning Guns in Parks

"The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: GOA Sues City of Philadelphia Over Illegal Executive Order Banning Guns in Parks

Go get em!
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Berks County)

Thanks for the work and the update, Val. I'll chip in a little for the project. What we need is accountability for those assholes when they pull this shit.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

How can they not expect a high profile lawsuit from this action? I suspect someone with time and money might just take a gun into a park to get arrested and get the ball rolling. It's obvious the city would lose the case.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    How can they not expect a high profile lawsuit from this action? I suspect someone with time and money might just take a gun into a park to get arrested and get the ball rolling. It's obvious the city would lose the case.
    My take is Kenney is well aware of that by way of his legal department and is pushing the order anyhow in order to appear that he is getting tough and doing something.It may impress and fool some of the dumbasses who voted for him....leave it up to whomever to burn through a bundle of money in a lawsuit.

(Philadelphia County)

Thanks for the hard work. Every time I get the email from the Amazon Smile program I am reminded how donations make an actual difference.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    My take is Kenney is well aware of that by way of his legal department and is pushing the order anyhow in order to appear that he is getting tough and doing something.It may impress and fool some of the dumbasses who voted for him....leave it up to whomever to burn through a bundle of money in a lawsuit.
    Also, when he gets spanked, it gives him the "moral high ground" of saying, "See, I am trying to prevent gun violence, but the state laws are preventing me from doing it. We need to change the laws."
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    Also, when he gets spanked, it gives him the "moral high ground" of saying, "See, I am trying to prevent gun violence, but the state laws are preventing me from doing it. We need to change the laws."
    Yep.

(Clinton County)

Now, criminal complaint next?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast