Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: got my ltcf

(Susquehanna County)

Smile got my ltcf

just receivied my ltcf, so i've been trying to get used to the feel of the gun on me, i've been carrying unloaded, just to get comfortable with it, i bought 3 holsters, one to carry concealed in the front, not caring much for this one due to the size of my gut got another cc for the small of my back, i like this one although it seems to expose the gun more because it sits higher then the front one, and third a oc holster which i will be using when i'm on the bike, and when i am completely familiar with all the gun laws like most of you here on the forum, i must say i really enjoy coming here and getting educated on my rights as an american... what a beautiful country we live in!!
    mikey

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: got my ltcf

nice bro... best advice is to just keep reading until you have farmiliarized yourself. and if you oc be prepaired to get hassled by ignorant people... that's the one thing i've noticed since starting to oc... everyone tells me it's illegal, then i hand them a pampflet (wow did i spell that wrong. lol) print about 10 of those handy little fawkers off, you'll need them!

Congrats Mikey I got mine recently too though I haven't tried to out yet since my Sig is too big to carry. I see you're from Forest City, do you hunt at all? My family has a place on a lake a couple of minutes from Union Dale, right next to SGL 236...this will be my first year hunting up there.

(Lackawanna County)

Mikey, take a look at the thread titled; More about concealed carry. There is a good article on the different methods.

Also, if you want to get used to the feel of having it on you, maybe fill the magazine (if it's not a revolver) and keep the chamber empty. There is added weight with a full mag. If that is what you meant by "unloaded" I apologize.

Continue to bulid your comfort level.

I am also new to the forum, and welcome aboard.

(Jefferson County)

Congrats!!
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikey0086 View Post
    just receivied my ltcf, so i've been trying to get used to the feel of the gun on me, i've been carrying unloaded, just to get comfortable with it, i bought 3 holsters, one to carry concealed in the front, not caring much for this one due to the size of my gut got another cc for the small of my back, i like this one although it seems to expose the gun more because it sits higher then the front one, and third a oc holster which i will be using when i'm on the bike, and when i am completely familiar with all the gun laws like most of you here on the forum, i must say i really enjoy coming here and getting educated on my rights as an american... what a beautiful country we live in!!
    mikey
    Good work, Mikey, and congrats! It sounds like your doing things the right way. Take it slow, don't do anything you're uncomfortable with, and don't be afraid to ask us questions here. This site is one of the best for information on firearms law in PA and advice on everything firearms related.

Most importantly, have fun and take pride in our uniquely American heritage.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Monroe County)

congrats! and welcome!

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by seoulstice View Post
    Congrats Mikey I got mine recently too though I haven't tried to out yet since my Sig is too big to carry. I see you're from Forest City, do you hunt at all? My family has a place on a lake a couple of minutes from Union Dale, right next to SGL 236...this will be my first year hunting up there.
    i was supposed to try bow hunting this year with my now deceased best friend, because im a total bitch when it comes to cold weather, he said the first bow hunting season is still warm, but now it looks like that aint gonna happen cause he was the only one i know that bowhunts, and i am not familuar with any other seasons.

(Cambria County)

Congrats, and here is what you will come to notice.

If you wear a seatbelt, cause you want too. You will put one on all the time. Climb in the back of your buddies car, and you will dig the seatbelts out from down inbetween the seats, cause it just doesn't feel right not having one one.

Soon, once you start to carry all the time. Carry your handgun will be the same way. If you don't have it on, you feel really wierd. When it is on my hip, I am much happier and more relaxed.

Find a good holster (I would like to recommend a Crossbreed Supertuck. Very comfortable). That is the biggest factor in wearing a handgun daily. If it isn't comfortable and easy to use. It becomes a bother, and you will start putting off taking it.

Again. Congrats and welcome to the gang.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Chester County)

Congratulations on your new LTCF. Enjoy carrying, welcome to the world of responsible gun carrying people. One more that will not be a victim.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast