Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Carbon County)

Default IMLCA Resident needs help with references for LTCF

Hi Guys,

I am from Indian Mountain Lakes Association, but anybody form Carbon county can help me with a reference.
    I have built a house in IMLCA a year and a half ago, but do not live there on a permanent basis. I am there on the weekends though. Since I'm not there permanently, I don't know a lot of local guys that are gun owners and my immediate neighbors have residencies from different counties and states as they have vacation houses.
    I'm sane, mature and responsible fellow. I'm open to meeting/speaking over the phone with anyone who would be willing to be my reference for my LTCF permit.

Thanks to all!
    Gene K

P.S. If anybody shoots at a Pocono Pistol Club in Stroudsburg - we can meet there also)
    Last edited by rimini; November 20th, 2008 at 01:45 PM.

(Berks County)

Default Re: IMLCA Resident needs help with references for LTCF

Quote Originally Posted by rimini View Post
    No, it's illegal to discharge a firearm in my township. However, my property is heavily surrounded by sick woods from all sides, so if I had a silencer I don't think anybody would've noticed.
    Quote Originally Posted by rimini View Post
    I will not be breaking any laws guys. But I still don't like to cover my ears when shooting, so I'll probably set up a trust and get my silencer/NFA done that way.
    That scares me too much to give you one. I also live on the Carbon side and I think it's ludicrous to shoot in your yard.Legal though, but against by-laws, and possibly discharge to close to a home, but IMNAL.. To be honest I have not seen your property, but if it's like the other 99% of PPRIMCLA there are no backstops and houses way to close.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggle09027 View Post
    That scares me too much to give you one. I also live on the Carbon side and I think it's ludicrous to shoot in your yard.Legal though, but against by-laws, and possibly discharge to close to a home, but IMNAL.. To be honest I have not seen your property, but if it's like the other 99% of PPRIMCLA there are no backstops and houses way to close.
    Yes, right after I've built the house I thought that it would be nice to be able to shoot on the property with a silencer. BUT, I will never even attempt to do this inside IMLCA or any other community for that matter. Also, I'm not planning to apply for NFA/Class III license any time soon. In light of this new info, maybe you will reconsider giving me a reference for my LTCF permit?

Thanks,
    Gene K

(Carbon County)

I'm in the same predicament, contact me and maybe we can help each other out. I'm in Towamensing Trails, so we're neighbors. I've owned my home for 3 years now, but since I work in the city, I'm home late or all weekends, except when I'm away elsewhere. You can reach me at gonzo1sr@yahoo.com, we can set something up and we can help each other. I am sane also, and infact am a retired LEO from NY....eddie