Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Thumbs up Some DO serve and protect!

Last Wednesday after a long day on my feet and a short night in my bed I found myself falling asleep behind the wheel on the Schukyll Expressway. I caught myself weaving and knew I couldn't go any farther. So I pulled off to the shoulder to get a 15-20 min power nap so I could safely go on. In the middle of setting an alarm so I didn't sleep to long I passed out. In just a few minutes I was very abruptly awaken by a hard bang bang bang on the window. I was startled so badly that my first instinct was to started to reach for my holster but I stopped my self and looked up and behind me to see a Trooper standing in my blind spot! I put down my window and he simply asked me if I was OK. I told him I was tired and had to stop to close my eyes for a few minutes B/C I couldn't drive safely. He appreciated that but told me that he wanted me to get off the highway for my safety and told me to go up to the next exit and pull off. Then he noticed my missing inspection sticker(new windsheild) asked me about it and said he wasn't going to ticket me for it but other Troopers would so I should get it taken care of as soon as I could. Now all this may sound uneventventful and it pretty much was , but all this and can you imagine he never gave me the 3rd degree on where I was coming from or where I was going, never asked if I had been drinking, he didn't ask for my name, license, insurance, nothing, even after I had broken the law with the inspection sticker! He simply was watching out for my safety, and with that he he waited for me to get back into traffic, and he followed me to the next exit to make sure I made it safely. I just wanted to post this because its not often the LEOs get an "ATTABOY" around here and I think this professional deserves it. Funny how when someone does what they should, we commend them on it because it is an uncommon occurance.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Some DO serve and protect!

Pa employs, for the most part, truly professional Troopers.
    I did the exact same thing in North Carolina and the fat ,slob, jerk, hick, backwoods, inbred asswipe Trooper that showed up wrote me a summons for "sleeping on a public highway". Eighty five bucks that could have been spent better elsewhere. Then he proceeded to give me his lecture. The jerk then advised me that there was a reat area just two more miles up the highway. I asked him how I would have known that, not being from the area. He responded by telling me that this was not his problem. NICE!!!
    Again, Pa seems to employ true professionals, with the occasional butthead thrown in, just so the good ones don't get too proud, I suppose.

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Some DO serve and protect!

as SoberByker stated in a nother thread.. for the most part, if your honest and friendly.. most police will work with you and try to help you beyond what they would if you were combative and lied to them !!

thank you for pulling over and not running off the road and killing someone and yourself!!
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !