Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Indiana County)

Default N.Y. Man accused of gun violation - Blairsville, PA

From the Indiana Gazette:

BLAIRSVILLE - Blairsville Borough police found a 19-year-old from New York in possession of a stolen handgun at 11:01 p.m. Oct. 23, according to a criminal complaint.

An officer found an unloaded 380/9-mm and $400 on Tahshaleek Lamel Wade, 19, of Hicksville, N.Y., after investigating a loud gathering on the west side of South Stewart Street. Wade and another man were attempting to urinate through a chain-link fence when the officer arrived, according to police.

Wade claimed to have no identification and initially identified himself as Lamel Johnson. He was taken into custody when the officer learned that an arrest warrant was issued for Johnson in New York, court records show. After being placed in the police vehicle, he admitted his real name.

Police said they found Wade with a gun that was registered to Robert Lawrence Adams, who later told police that the weapon had been stolen from his camp.

Wade was with four others, all under the age of 21, and police found a bag of marijuana in the vehicle that had been operated by him, according to the complaint. Police also measured Wade's blood-alcohol content at 0.09 percent with a portable breath test.

Police charged Wade on Oct. 24 with felony counts of carrying a firearm without a license and receiving stolen property; misdemeanor counts of open lewdness, possession of a small amount of marijuana and giving false reports to law enforcement; and summary counts of public drunkenness and underage drinking.

A preliminary hearing is set for Nov. 30
    --------

First of all, he is a dumbass. Second of all, this just goes to show, you never know who is in possesion of a firearm, even in a small town like Blairsville, PA.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: N.Y. Man accused of gun violation - Blairsville, PA

Quote Originally Posted by XJeffro View Post
    First of all, he is a dumbass. Second of all, this just goes to show, you never know who is in possesion of a firearm, even in a small town like Blairsville, PA.
    3rd, it shows that Blairsville police is using the database of *some* handgun transfers, that happen in Pa., as a registry.

Police said they found Wade with a gun that was registered to Robert Lawrence Adams, who later told police that the weapon had been stolen from his camp.
    Tracing a gun back to it's rightful owner has nothing to do with registration, Dumbasses

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

If only there were a lost and stolen gun law that required reports to be made within 24 hours this young man would never have been in possession of this evil firearm thus ruining his life.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    3rd, it shows that Blairsville police is using the database of *some* handgun transfers, that happen in Pa., as a registry.

Tracing a gun back to it's rightful owner has nothing to do with registration, Dumbasses
    Yeah, I have read this a few times on some other threads too, am I right to assume there is no PA gun 'registry list'? So how do LEOs track this down? Using PA documents if the gun was purchased in PA? And why do people ask if a gun is "registered"? Sorry for the barrage of questions...

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by XJeffro View Post
    Yeah, I have read this a few times on some other threads too, am I right to assume there is no PA gun 'registry list'? So how do LEOs track this down? Using PA documents if the gun was purchased in PA? And why do people ask if a gun is "registered"? Sorry for the barrage of questions...
    No problemo... Correct, registration is outlawed in Pa. (18Pa.C.S.6111.4)
    But many PD's mistake the database *of most handgun sales* that take place in Pa., as a registry.

More info here:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/414...nsfers-pa.html

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Allegheny County)

Or the owner reported it stolen, when they ran it it came up that it was that guys stolen gun, and the reporters improperly used the word "registered". At least they didnt call it an AK.........

not me, but his home town is not far from me
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    Or the owner reported it stolen,
    Apparently not...

But who knows with the media... Whole story could be bassackwards

Remember Meleanie

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Apparently not...

But who knows with the media...
    ah, I read that as they found the owner later, who then told them it was stolen from his camp. As in, it was listed as stolen, and the owner told us a story about that when we contacted him.

yeah, who knows with the media, and the police.....