Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Police rescue family from burning home

Yes the police have no duty to protect you, and yet they still do.

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/tolland...m-buring-home-

Tolland (WTNH) - Three Connecticut state police troopers rescued a Tolland family after they saw fire coming from the family's home early Friday.

Troopers Eric Basak, Scott McCarthy and John Barrows were investigating an alarm at Tolland Middle School there when they saw smoke coming from a nearby neighborhood around 1:20 a.m.

The went to check it out and spotted flames coming from a home on Farmbrook Lane.

"Trooper McCarthy carried two small boys from the home and placed them in his cruiser, while Trooper Barrows and Trooper First Class Basak assisted the two adults to safety," the Department of Public Safety said in a statement.

The troopers called Tolland fire department, which arrived and put out the fire.

There was no word yet on what caused the fire, or how much damage the fire caused to the home.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Police rescue family from burning home

You really have to give credit to anyone who runs into a burning building to get the occupants out. Takes some real cajones........

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post
    Yes the police have no duty to protect you, and yet they still do.

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/tolland...m-buring-home-

Tolland (WTNH) - Three Connecticut state police troopers rescued a Tolland family after they saw fire coming from the family's home early Friday.

Troopers Eric Basak, Scott McCarthy and John Barrows were investigating an alarm at Tolland Middle School there when they saw smoke coming from a nearby neighborhood around 1:20 a.m.

The went to check it out and spotted flames coming from a home on Farmbrook Lane.

"Trooper McCarthy carried two small boys from the home and placed them in his cruiser, while Trooper Barrows and Trooper First Class Basak assisted the two adults to safety," the Department of Public Safety said in a statement.

The troopers called Tolland fire department, which arrived and put out the fire.

There was no word yet on what caused the fire, or how much damage the fire caused to the home.
    It's sad, but for every story there is like this.
    We end up with 1 about an officer pulling his gun at a snowball fight.
    Good to see the other side of the coin though
    Nice find Dave
    Audaces fortuna juvat

(Allegheny County)

props to the cops

P.S. Rep for rhyming action?

(Beaver County)

I bet they beat the family down with battons afterwords.

Na, my dad was taking a shower once and heard a very *strong* knock at the door. Comes out in soap and a towell to find a cop at the door. I guess there was a smallish chimney fire he spotted driving down the road. Maybe could have been worse had he not stopped!

Cops are great at being good, helpful citizens-until they get the slightest impression you may be up to no good.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by avizpls View Post
    I bet they beat the family down with battons afterwords.

Na, my dad was taking a shower once and heard a very *strong* knock at the door. Comes out in soap and a towell to find a cop at the door. I guess there was a smallish chimney fire he spotted driving down the road. Maybe could have been worse had he not stopped!

Cops are great at being good, helpful citizens-until they get the slightest impression you may be up to no good.
    Yes and the first word out of the people being saved should have been, "Am I being detained"?
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Beaver County)

Yes and the first word out of the people being saved should have been, "Am I being detained"?
    hahahaha What was the movie.....with will smith as the super hero. After he is alowed back on the job he is about to save some lady: "Do I have permission to touch you, mamm?" JUST GET ME THE F**K OUT OF HERE ALL READY

lol
    Last edited by avizpls; December 22nd, 2009 at 12:17 PM. Reason: fix [quote] bracket

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Come on Dave. You know damn well that many people are screwed by cops on a power trip. You need only look over the experiences of some of our members. One of the best ways to avoid that is to ask if you are being detained and if so to act accordingly. That does not diminish the job that the majority of LEO do. The vast majority are decent people. Sadly even they don't police themselves and by allowing the shitstains of society to remain amongst their midst end up tarnishing the reputation of the entire group.

That said the idea that LEO do not have a duty to protect citizens is not a knock against LEO. In fact, I take that as a huge compliment because they are not duty bound, but they do so anyway. I think you are being too touchy about the idea that we recognize that LEO are not bound to protect us and we must then protect ourselves.

(Allegheny County)

Annnnnnd... here we go...
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Beaver County)

Hey, wait. The cop bashing thread is over there! ridley

these guys here done good!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast