Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Unhappy Received A Letter From The VA Hospital Today

As the title says I received a letter from the VA hospital today and found it a bit creepy. I know there a lot of veterans here and I'm curious if anybody else received one as well.

Dear Veteran,

As your partner in health care, we are committed to keeping you and your family safe. Gun locks have been shown to greatly reduce death and injury caused by firearms in the home. We are therefore offering you the opportunity to obtain up to four free gun locks. We hope to reach all our Veterans with this offer.

If you own a gun, we hope you will request and use a gun lock. As a Veteran, you already know about the importance of firearm safety. We encourage you to talk about gun safety with the family and friends.

If you like up to four free gun locks please complete the inclosed form, including the number you want and your name and address. Return the form in the envelope provided. When we receive your request we will mail the gun locks to the address provided.

Thanks you for your service to our great nation. We look forward to continuing to partner with you in maintaining and improving your health and safety.

Daniel D. Hendee, FACHE
    Medical Center Director

As a patient at the Philadelphia VA I'm constantly told that the reason for substandard care is the lack of money to hire more staff and doctors. Yet they just spent tens of millions remodeling just the Philly hospital and now they have the funds for this kind of crap?

For the last ten years I get a bill every single month for my prescriptions even though they are service connected. All the doctor has to do is check a single box that says service connected, yes or no. They have to check one and still month after month they check the wrong one because they are too damn lazy. So instead of spending the funds they receive on better health care they spend it on crap like this.

/rant
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Received A Letter From The VA Hospital Today

Just another BS agenda being carried out at the expense of the tax payer. Besides, it's non of their damn business. Sounds a bit like a fishing expedition. I have private insurance as of now. I regret the day that I might have to fall back to the VA for help.

(Dauphin County)

Myself and a lot of friends that are vets received the same letter back in May. I kindly responded that it was none of their business and knew what they were really asking for.
    USMC 06-11:OEF, PAARNG 12-present

(Chester County)

You think it is because of the high suicide rate amongst vets?

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    You think it is because of the high suicide rate amongst vets?
    A lock that you hold the key for isn't going to stop anything. Just collecting information to be misused at a later date.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by pennlineman View Post
    A lock that you hold the key for isn't going to stop anything. Just collecting information to be misused at a later date.
    Oh yeah!

Definitely a fishing expedition, looking to put you in a database of gun owner veterans. Best to err on the side of caution, and not reply in any way.

My buddy in MO ('nam combat vet, USMC) is consistently asked about guns, suicide, homicide, upon EVERY visit to the VAMC in Missouri. He answers: "None of the above."

Beware the VA!

(York County)

They spelled "enclosed" "inclosed".... government

(Wayne County)

Reply, N O Y F B.

Send back a letter stating you did not know you where allowed to keep your service weapons, but since they reminded you, you will take 4 as long as there is at least one rifle, one smg, one 1911 and they can randomly send what ever else with the fourth..
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Butler County)

Who ever uses a trigger lock? I have a couple that were on guns I bought from Dunhams. They got taken off and thrown away.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast