Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Default Crossbreed goes after hybrid holster makers

It appears that MTC Holsters, LLC, (doing business as CrossBreed Holsters, LLC) has begun the process of going after other holster manufacturers for certain patent infringements. It’s important to note that CrossBreed was recently granted the following patent this year;

Concealable handgun holster with deceptive attachment clip (link to patent info)

The abstract of the filed patent is as follows:

A concealable handgun holster is disclosed with a handgun encasement supported within clothing of a wearer by one or more attachment clips, the attachment clips being hidden “in plain sight” by decorative features that deceive an observer into thinking the clips are decorations rather than part of a holster.

In preferred embodiments, the holster is a hybrid holster with a handgun encasement formed by a leather sheet attached to a rigid plastic cover, preferably made of Kydex.RTM..

The clips can be plastic or metal, preferably steel, and can be attached to the encasement by rivets, screws, or any other suitable fastening means known in the art.

Decoration of the attachment clips can be by shaping of the clips, perforation of the clips with decorative shapes, engraving on the clips, printing on the clips, and/or attachment of decorative items to the clips.

So, what does all of this mean? Well, we aren’t quite sure, and it’s something that will likely go on for some time.

What we do know, however, is that Tedder Industries, LLC (doing business as Alien Gear Holsters) has filed suit against the claim.
    http://concealednation.org/2014/11/h...-infringement/

(Berks County)

Default Re: Crossbreed goes after hybrid holster makers

Gun industry stealing ideas is rampant. I guess most patents are not enforced or defended. Glock/ smith& Wesson and Mauser/Springfield are all I can bring to mind.

(Philadelphia County)

Concealable handgun holster with deceptive attachment clip
    That's funny.

Last I checked Crossbreed only offered those insanely ugly, monstrous Celtic cross clips. How are they in any way "deceptive"?
    “Until they become conscious, they will never rebel.” - George Orwell, 1984

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by SAB215 View Post
    That's funny.

Last I checked Crossbreed only offered those insanely ugly, monstrous Celtic cross clips. How are they in any way "deceptive"?

Operative words boldened. Fugly, IMO.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Philadelphia County)

I don't get it, Alien Gear doesn't seem to have any "hey look at my belt there's totally not a gun here" clips

http://aliengearholsters.com/clips.html

My Galco doesn't have gaudy cross and other crap on the clips, that is why I bought it.

Tucker had their "The Answer" holster out before Crossbreed did. But it is ok for them to copy Tucker just so they get a patent first. Glad I never bought a Crossbreed holster.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    My Galco doesn't have gaudy cross and other crap on the clips, that is why I bought it.

Tucker had their "The Answer" holster out before Crossbreed did. But it is ok for them to copy Tucker just so they get a patent first. Glad I never bought a Crossbreed holster.
    This. I'm not going to be selling my crossbreed holsters, but I won't be buying any more.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Bucks County)

I own two cross breed holsters and love them both. Don't care about the crosses and of they have a patent I hope they sue other who are infringing on the patent.

I know if I came up with something and made a patent I would do the same thing.

Agreed...don't forget Ruger...they don't have any issues copying Savage and Kel Tec, but yet they actually sued Kidd.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Gun industry stealing ideas is rampant. I guess most patents are not enforced or defended. Glock/ smith& Wesson and Mauser/Springfield are all I can bring to mind.
    I cannot stand Crossbreed as a company. The deceased owner also owned XDTalk and he was a complete douche. I had dealings with him over on XDTalk and I'd never buy anything from his company.

I think these companies that like to sue other companies and individuals on forums are showing how poorly they run their business.

(Lackawanna County)

I won't be buying crossbreed. Pretty sure the king tuk I have was out before the cross breeds even hit the market. That cross kills it for me anyways

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast