Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default A couple of signs in Baltimore

I had to travel to Baltimore today. (against my better judgement...but I am certain that NO ONE travles there on purpose, anyway) I saw a couple of signs that really made me think....

The first was a simple billboard with no other writing on it and it simply said; "Public Servants Aren't." Gave me a good chuckle since I was in MD.

The other sign I saw was on the side of the Baltimore City Jail and it said; "Drop the gun or pick up a room!". It just struck me as another thing that simply equates guns with criminals. Really kinda drives me nuts anymore that underlying information that we are giving to kids and to the public at large. I am just tired of the old, "Guns are bad" vibe that all these campaigns give off.

Default Re: A couple of signs in Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by JohnUSCG View Post
    I had to travel to Baltimore today. (against my better judgement...but I am certain that NO ONE travles there on purpose, anyway) I saw a couple of signs that really made me think....

The first was a simple billboard with no other writing on it and it simply said; "Public Servants Aren't." Gave me a good chuckle since I was in MD.

The other sign I saw was on the side of the Baltimore City Jail and it said; "Drop the gun or pick up a room!". It just struck me as another thing that simply equates guns with criminals. Really kinda drives me nuts anymore that underlying information that we are giving to kids and to the public at large. I am just tired of the old, "Guns are bad" vibe that all these campaigns give off.
    It's Baltimore, WFT did you expect?????

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    It's Baltimore, WFT did you expect?????
    Expecting an end to that stupidity, perhaps. It's old, ignorant, and anti American. It's simply a carbon copy of racism reapplied to gun ownership, saying that if you're not a criminal we'll make you one anyway. That's simple bullying, basically saying this is a nanny totalitarian police state and that's the way it is. It's obviously a slap in the face to lawful gun owners, and it illustrates a wrong state of being of that state and the city. I hope that someone within MD's gun owners organizations sues them over that.
    Last edited by Yellowfin; September 17th, 2010 at 10:15 AM.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(York County)

There's a billboard near my station at the corner of Gay & Orleans Sts. I keep meaning to snap a picture of it.....it says something to the effect of some guy getting locked up in CA for having a handgun and then that somehow relating to MD....dang, I can't remember now. I remember scratching my head saying, "Huh?" It didn't make any sense to me. I think it was trying to convey the illegality of just owning a handgun or something.....

Yea I hate stupid signs. I saw a few in New Jersey that just leaves me scratching my head

(Berks County)

You might be overanalyzing the gun sign in Baltimore. As you are probably aware, pulling a permit in MD is next to impossible. If you don't have a permit carrying a gun is illegal. Since there are so many gun related murders in Baltimore, apparently there are a lot of people who are not aware that a permit is required to carry a gun.

I know, the BG's don't worry about the laws and I don't agree with MD's position on guns either, but it is what it is and the sign is merely reminding an otherwise GG that he shouldn't be carrying in spite of all the BG's who do.

In addition, MD does not have reciprocity with any other states to my knowlege.

(York County)

I still feel that 'on the face' that sign simply reinforces that 'Guns are Bad'. Anyone with a gun must be a criminal, right?

Kids don't overanalize things...they see them for what they are.

John

(York County)

Here's the sign by my station.....I'm still scratching my head:

(Lycoming County)

here is a link to the above persons crime
    http://www.justice.gov/usao/md/Publi...unCharges.html

(York County)

I really don't blame you. I mean, seriously? Doggie Daycare? In that neighborhood? What were they thinking?

While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast