Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Kel-Tec PLR-16

Default Kel-Tec PLR-16

I'm thinking about picking up a PLR-16... not really for serious shooting, just to scare liberals. Anyone have one? How's their rep? Kel Tec seems to have a good rep and any of their other weapons that I've seen have tried seemed to be well made..... Anyone?

(Chester County)

Default Re: Kel-Tec PLR-16

Quote Originally Posted by thanker92 View Post
    I'm thinking about picking up a PLR-16... not really for serious shooting, just to scare liberals. Anyone have one? How's their rep? Kel Tec seems to have a good rep and any of their other weapons that I've seen have tried seemed to be well made..... Anyone?
    I have one and it's a pretty cool toy. It's it LOUD and the muzzle flash is HUGE I was shooting it at the range a month ago and there was a girl that was a first time shooter there.. She couldn't take the noise so I put it away for the day

It's made of plastic and the mag well is bit of a tight fit, but like I said it's just fun to shoot at the range Not really sure what other purpose it serves. I guess it could be a cool carry piece

Thanks, that's about what I figured.....and you're right. It would be just about the ultimate carry piece.....especially OPEN carry!!!

(Allegheny County)

I've got one. It's a very fun gun to shoot. Extremely loud. Big fireballs. Kids love em! I broke an extractor within shooting 15 rounds of Wolf steel cased ammo. Bought a new extractor and have since put about 400 rds thru with no problems. The new extractor has also fixed the FTE problems that I've had since owning it. They are definately fun to shoot.

Thumbs up Re: Kel-Tec PLR-16

I keep one on my boat. Down here in Florida, pirates still exist. The PLR is intimidating. I've 'displayed' it twice while in the Gulf when strange boats came near.
    It's fun at the range. Never had a problem.
    PLR
    S&w MP
    Glock 23
    Kel-Tec p11

(Allegheny County)

I picked on up about a month ago and have not had any problems with it either. About 400 rounds down it so far. It is a lot of fun, you will enjoy it if you get one.

(Monroe County)

On my list to get eventually.

(Lycoming County)

It fits the definition of a "firearm" and can be carried loaded in a vehicle, with an LTCF. That in and of itself makes it worthy of having around

Be safe.

Scott