Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Post Got denied my ltcf but was approved to get act235

Hey had a question here, i got denied last year for my ltcf so i appealed then received a letter from PICS saying that i was NOT PROHIBITED to carry a fire arm. So i went back to apply in july because i finsed training and graduated from the Army. So i went to apply with the PICS letter a also have a D.A letter about two charges that i went to court when i was 18, but was never convicted i beat that case, i also took my DD214 and the lady never took my paper work because i told her i was denied last year, she told me she would update to come back in 30 days. So i go back and i was never in the system i was told she never took copies of my paper work so i received a denial letter saying that i lied about a previous arrest and that im a a person who has a reputation to act dangerous to the public safety. For one of tht was true why do i have a letter from PICS saying that im not prohibited also i just got a letter saying that ive been approved to take my act235 classes and also i just got back from joining the PA Army National Guard... where do u think i stand when i go to court on the 3rd of Dec? Thank you for.your suggestions

(Erie County)

Default Re: Got denied my ltcf but was approved to get act235

Talk to a Lawyer. Could just be a computer mess up.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by aquez211 View Post
    Hey had a question here, i got denied last year for my ltcf so i appealed then received a letter from PICS saying that i was NOT PROHIBITED to carry a fire arm. So i went back to apply in july because i finsed training and graduated from the Army. So i went to apply with the PICS letter a also have a D.A letter about two charges that i went to court when i was 18, but was never convicted i beat that case, i also took my DD214 and the lady never took my paper work because i told her i was denied last year, she told me she would update to come back in 30 days. So i go back and i was never in the system i was told she never took copies of my paper work so i received a denial letter saying that i lied about a previous arrest and that im a a person who has a reputation to act dangerous to the public safety. For one of tht was true why do i have a letter from PICS saying that im not prohibited also i just got a letter saying that ive been approved to take my act235 classes and also i just got back from joining the PA Army National Guard... where do u think i stand when i go to court on the 3rd of Dec? Thank you for.your suggestions
    You were denied for a ltcf and received a rejection letter from the pic system, not the sheriff?
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Philadelphia County)

Post Re: Got denied my ltcf but was approved to get act235

I was denie . By the sheriff so i appeal it and received a letter from PICS a month letter saying that i was NOT PROHIBITED. it stated to reapply and to take that letter with me

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by aquez211 View Post
    I was denie . By the sheriff so i appeal it and received a letter from PICS a month letter saying that i was NOT PROHIBITED. it stated to reapply and to take that letter with me
    When you appealed did the appeal go to the sheriff or pics? Not sure how pics had gotten invoved.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Delaware County)

It sounds like the Sherrif use the Character Clause to deny him.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    It sounds like the Sherrif use the Character Clause to deny him.
    ^This, but if it was Philly it wasn't the Sheriff. Also, regardless of the PICS determination, if the Gun Permit Unit in Philly didn't like him for any reason they would deny him.

He's likely going to need an experienced attorney, and even then results are not guaranteed. It might actually be cheaper and quicker to move to a 2A friendly county than to push it in Philadelphia.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Philadelphia County)

Post Re: Got denied my ltcf but was approved to get act235

Yea its Philly, im just upset how would and how can i defended my country and be on call to help my state when in need and also get a act235 to work with a gun in philly to make sure i provide security to the public but i so cant get a ltc? So i can do all that but can defend and protect my wife and kids? RIDICULOUS!!!!! Ill make sure i post what happends when i got to court