Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: German Mauser

(Delaware County)

Cool German Mauser

Hi folks.

I need to buy a German Mauser for my dad for his retirement. Can anyone help me find one in good shape?

(Monroe County)

Default Re: German Mauser

Quote Originally Posted by teacher6262 View Post
    Hi folks.

I need to buy a German Mauser for my dad for his retirement. Can anyone help me find one in good shape?
    I'm new to guns but I know Mauser makes/made a large variety of firearms. I suspect your dad wants a military pistol. Mauser made the famous "broom handle" pistol and later the even more famous "German Luger". Do a google search for "Mauser parabellum". I think you can expect to pay well over $1000.00 for ones in good shape.

Steve

(Cumberland County)

i know that if your looking for a vet bring back look to spend about 1000-1500 for a desent one.if you get a russian capture a nice one will get about 800.make sure the numbers match on the russian capture ones..the vet bring backs very rarly match numbers..i have a bnz styer vet bring back and the bolt doesnt match the rifle..the american soldiers used to take the bolts out.put them on a pile,and put the guns on a pile..so when the vets left they would take a bolt and take a gun.never matched..i wouldnt advise a mitchell mauser cause most have been reblued and are not worth what you pay for....i hope this has helped
    if i cared about the feelings of others i wouldnt do what i do.

(Northumberland County)

1910 .32ACP Mauser

u can find them at gun auctions, these are the most common ones, rest are rare..

(Monroe County)

id assume that since this is posted in the RIFLE section he means a German Mauser Mod 98. my father has one, but he is afraid to shoot it, thinking the stock might crack. so im looking for one of my own also. or atleast some parts of one, so i can make a sporter 8mm rifle.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Bucks County)

He's probably looking for a K98. I would open up the phonebook and start calling gun shops nearby. It's a good place to start.

https://www.southernohiogun.com/inde...m-rifle-1.html

With a little elbow grease, you can really clean up these russian captures to be good looking, and normally good shooters. When they come in they have nasty russian shellac on the stocks and completely drenched in cosmoline. But if you are not afraid of a days work this is a good example.

Rover, if you are looking for a sporter project, look into the yugo 24/47's. Many were never issued after rework and are in beautiful condition. I just picked one up this weekend for less than 200 bucks and it has an unissued barrel. You can still see the machining marks. And most are all numbers matching. As for your father afraid of cracking his stock, look into ebay for a used stock. This way you will save the original one and use the replacement. They can normally be picked up for less than $75.

(Philadelphia County)

Whatever you do, do not buy from Mitchel's Mausers. Basically they rape whatever historical value was left in the guns by grinding off serial numbers and stamping new ones on to have a "numbers matching" rifle which isn't worth anything. Sure they look pretty and I'm fairly certain they are decent shooters, but there is no soul to them anymore.

A few places to check for K98s:

surplusrifleforum.com (you wont be able to see the for sale section until you make 10 posts).
    classicarms.us (I have heard mixed reviews but mostly good)
    aimsurplus.com

You can always check on the classified section here too, just do a "WTB: K98".

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by teacher6262 View Post
    The Valley Forge gun show is this weekend. Should be a couple hundred there to choose from. I got a Russian capture a couple years ago for $250. I think the prices are up a little now, but I think you can get one for under $500. I agree with the Mitchell comments - definitely not worth the money. Pretty guns though.
    The 8mm seems pretty easy to find and hasn't gone up as much as the rest of the ammo. Great gun to shoot.
    Good luck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast