Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wacovia Arena

(Wayne County)

Default Wacovia Arena

I did a quick search but didn't find anything so maybe someone can help me out.

Does anyone have any idea what the carry policy at the Wacovia Arena in Wilkes Barre is? I'll be going there soon and plan on CC'ing so I was wondering if they have any rules against carry and if people entering the arena 'compound' are subject to being searched. I would hate to go through all that crap with my daughter and then have to go back out to the car to secure the gun if there is a problem.

Thanks

(Chester County)

Default Re: Wacovia Arena

I was there about two weeks ago and I thought of the same thing. I couldn't remember if they had a metal detector or not so I decided not to carry that night. But when I got there, there was no metal detector or anyone doing any searches. My girlfriend brought her purse in and they did not search it. I know if I were to go again I would feel comfortable CC'ing. Hope that helps....

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusGuy View Post
    Does anyone have any idea what the carry policy at the Wacovia Arena in Wilkes Barre is? I'll be going there soon and plan on CC'ing so I was wondering if they have any rules against carry…
    Yes, they do have a policy against weapons.

Wachovia Arena at Casey Plaza: Policies
    Rules Of Conduct/Guest Policies

• No weapons or other threatening objects.

3. Guests may not bring into the Arena any bottles, cans, coolers, or alcoholic beverages. Weapons of any kind (knives, guns, clubs, etc.) or any objects that may be used as weapons are also strictly prohibited from being brought into the Arena. Anyone found carrying alcoholic beverages, a weapon or an item that may be used as a weapon should be brought to the immediate attention of a manager or uniformed officer.

… and if people entering the arena 'compound' are subject to being searched. I would hate to go through all that crap with my daughter and then have to go back out to the car to secure the gun if there is a problem.
    You are most likely not searched.

(Luzerne County)

They have a policy of no firearms.

I was there for a hockey game a few months ago, no metal detectors.

Don't remember them wanding anyone. If found, you will probably be asked to leave it in your vehicle.

(Bucks County)

does anybody recall metal detectors at ANY arena? The Spectrum and Wachovia Center and Phillies Park dont have them in PHilly...I dont recall seeing them at MSG in NYC...

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    does anybody recall metal detectors at ANY arena? The Spectrum and Wachovia Center and Phillies Park dont have them in PHilly...I dont recall seeing them at MSG in NYC...
    I went to an arena up in state college that did have a metal detector and they were searching bags and purses.... But you're right none of the Philly arenas have them.

(Bucks County)

got wanded once....going into Mohegan Sun arena in CT...for a bull riding event...but i think that was the only time...

(Wayne County)

I was in and out of there with no problems. All that was checked was my daughters purse...and all she had was a few little stuffed animals. lol. I wouldn't have carried there except for I feel that I need to be able to protect my daughter if anything should happen so I weighed the options and decided to carry.

As far as metal detectors...it depends on where you go and for what type of event. Years ago, when Metallica was still cool, I saw them in numerous places. One place in NY state had a temporary metal detector set up at the door and you got patted down to walk through. Another few places had the wands. I guess it's all about risk and for a show like that, they assumed they needed to check for weapons.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    I am NOT aware of metal detector at any of the Philly sports venues BUT they do sometimes use the wands which of course are hit or miss. I ran into them at a pre-season Flyers game last year. I just quickly remembered that I had left something in my car and ran back and stashed the handgun and knife. Thankfully the car was real close.

(Luzerne County)

I was in and out of there with no problems. All that was checked was my daughters purse...and all she had was a few little stuffed animals. lol. I wouldn't have carried there except for I feel that I need to be able to protect my daughter if anything should happen so I weighed the options and decided to carry.

As far as metal detectors...it depends on where you go and for what type of event. Years ago, when Metallica was still cool, I saw them in numerous places. One place in NY state had a temporary metal detector set up at the door and you got patted down to walk through. Another few places had the wands. I guess it's all about risk and for a show like that, they assumed they needed to check for weapons.
    How did you like the Walking w/ Dinosaurs, Taurus? I was there today and had no problems either. My boys loved Walking w/ Dinosaurs.....I highly recommend it!

PROUD WIFE OF PA. PATRIOT
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. "-Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast