Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Beaver County)

Default GHB in truck- water storage

All this survival talk has me thinking about a get home bag in the truck. How can I keep drinking water from freezing? And to keep it firearms realted, will freeze/thaw be detremental to spare ammo?
    I vote the second first

(Snyder County)

Default Re: GHB in truck- water storage

Quote Originally Posted by mardo View Post
    All this survival talk has me thinking about a get home bag in the truck. How can I keep drinking water from freezing? And to keep it firearms realted, will freeze/thaw be detremental to spare ammo?
    As for the ammo, there should be zero to little moisture content, so freezing should not be a problem.

As for the water, I let mine freeze. I have it stored in Nalgene bottles that can be frozen. And I don't have a problem. I let a little room at the top, but I don't have an issue. I have everything in my pack in ziplock bags, so if they do break, I hope I can contain it. But I just let them freeze.

(Bucks County)

since you cant drink frozen water, ill add that salt and alcohol will lower the freezing temprature of water. individually, i cant really speak for mixed
    i got shot, you should buy my stuff

(Bucks County)

Somebody clarify something for me: Why are you carrying GHB(date rape drug) in your truck, and what , if anything does that have to do with water storage? Seriously, I am missing something here, but cannot figure it out. Senior moment, maybe, but then again, I have been looking at this for a couple days now and am still scratching my head. Bob

(Greene County)

Quote Originally Posted by AxiTech View Post
    Somebody clarify something for me: Why are you carrying GHB(date rape drug) in your truck, and what , if anything does that have to do with water storage? Seriously, I am missing something here, but cannot figure it out. Senior moment, maybe, but then again, I have been looking at this for a couple days now and am still scratching my head. Bob
    GHB = Get Home Bag = a container which holds the necessary tools and provisions to get one's self (and others) home from any given location. These packs (GHBs) are often located at one's place of work and in the trunk of one's vehicle so as to be readily available if circumstances require you to get home safely, securely, and quickly by foot or by vehicle.

The Get Home Bag is quite possibly the antithesis of the Bug Out Bag.

Not to be confused with the BOB, BIB, or BOK (bug out bag, bug in bag, and blow out kit respectively).

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by AxiTech View Post
    LOL I thought the same thing until I read the reply - Get home bag.
    "The rifle is the weapon of democracy. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military. The hired servants of our rulers. Only the government-and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws." (Edward Abbey, "The Right to Arms," Abbey's Road [New York, 1979])
    I have my rifle. Do you?