I've found a job opportunity with Brinks. There are a bunch of unknowns for me at this point. First, the opportunity is available now but I'm still in Japan till next summer. When we move back, my Fiance is going to go back to school in a place called Peterborough, Ontario (Canada). Brinks has an opening IN Peterborough. This is a relatively lightly populated area so this is a great opportunity for me. I'd like to get into Law Enforcement in the future as a career. Anyway, this position in Canada requires:

Valid Firearms Acquisition Certificate (FAC) or Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) for both restricted and non-restricted

Information can be found here:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/faq/lic-per-eng.htm

I've emailed both the RCMP and Brinks to try to get more information about this. My first question is: Can I get this being a US citizen? I'll have married a Canadian by October 30th but I'm not even sure if that matters.

I don't expect anyone to be able to answer. I've read a lot of info about this on the RCMP site and nowhere does it say anything about citizenship.

If there are any Brinks employees here, please let me know. I wasn't looking forward to living in this area in Ontario until I found this opportunity. It's not LEO but it'd be a good stepping stone.

Thanks!