Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Pike County)

Default CCW in PA aState Parks...

I have always found very strange that unless you are hunting, obviously during the hunting season and in designated areas, you cannot carry conceal in the PA State parks. First, hunting falls under the game commission and they let you carry when you hunt. But if you decide to go for a hike with your family, you cannot have any gun protection. I was told that there are Park Rangers who do patrol, but to me this is ridiculous. There are many places where you can be walking for hours without seeing a soul....

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: CCW in PA aState Parks...

Get a LTCF and keep the pistol concealed. out of sight, out of mind...

(Pike County)

Default I do have it...

But if you read the law it unlawful to carry conceal unless hunting or involved in activities regulated by Title 34 (Game and Wildlife)

Here is the full text:

Pennsylvania Act 162 of 2006, enacted on November 29, 2006 will allow individuals to carry a concealed firearm licensed for personal protection while engaged in any hunting activity or other activity regulated by Title 34 (Game and Wildlife) of Pennsylvania Code. The Act changes the current requirement that any individual carry a licensed firearm, including law enforcement officers, must disarm before archery hunting and spotlighting. Act 162 removes any requirement for individuals who are permitted to carry a concealed firearm fro protection to disarm while engaged in any activity regulated in the game coed, including all hunting seasons.

The Department's regulations (17 &11.215(5)) limit the locations where devices such as firearms are permitted to be carried within state park. However, by the terms of this regulation, these restrictions do not apply to a person "licensed by the Game Commission to hunt, and in possession of a device that is lawful for hunting under the game and Wildlife Code, during hunting season as established by the Game Commission, and in an area licensed firearm for personal protection under such circumstance is permissible so long as the person is in a designated hunting area engaged in a activity regulated by Title 34. The concealed firearm is therefore not subject to prohibition, confiscation or issuance of a citation. However, other than the allowance of Act 162 for carry such properly licensed firearms while hunting, the prohibitions for carrying firearms and similar devices specified in &11.215(5) still apply. Specifically, carry a concealed firearm in a no hunting area or while not engaged in hunting activity remains prohibited. This new law went into effect on January 28, 2007

The summary, Act 162 now allows individuals with a valid license to carry a firearm for personal protection while engaged in any hunting activity or other activity regulated by Title 34 (Game and Wildlife) of the Pennsylvania Cod as long as the individual is in a designated hunting area.

(Berks County)

Default Re: CCW in PA aState Parks...

jeanfor,

I'm sorry, but I'm going to close this thread. This topic and variants thereof have been discussed numerous times on the site, the latest of which is here:

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/concealed...ate-parks.html

There are other threads as well, so I would encourage you to do a quick scan or search of the site for them, as you might find that the answers you're looking for are already here.

Thanks!
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas