Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Campus bans guns, tells students to nod at attackers.

Pee on them, nod at them, I'm sure criminals will get the message through body language.

In lieu of guns, people who find themselves in dangerous situations at or near the University of Arkansas at Little Rock should defend themselves by glancing and nodding, said a university safety expert.
    Earlier this year, the Arkansas legislature approved a concealed carry law, but gave school administrators permission to override the law and ban guns on campuses. Most Arkansas universities, including the University of Arkansas and Arkansas State University, opted to prohibit concealed carry, according to The College Fix.

But disarmed faculty and staff members are vulnerable to attack when traveling to and from campus, according to a chain of emails sent between UALR staff members, one of whom was assaulted by three teenagers on his way to class

“I had not gone very far before I was attacked from behind by two of them and received a number of blows to the back of my head,” wrote the faculty member, a UALR professor of biology, in an e-mail. “Given the proximity to this campus and the fact that a number of our students, faculty and staff walk through this very same area on both a daily and nightly basis I felt it prudent to share this info with you and to advise you to be on your guard while in the vicinity.”
    Another faculty remember responded to the email saying that a student had
    been attacked in the same area.

Sharon Houlette, a detective with the UALR Department of Public Safety, responded to the thread with advice for avoiding being attacked, which included a suggestion to “glance or nod” at possible attackers.
    “A glance or a nod will help you show anyone who might think that you are not paying attention, and you are aware of their presence,” she wrote.
    She also suggested parking on campus and using the trolley system, and offered to host a crime prevention workshop.

But Nic Horton, editor of The Arkansas Project, had a different suggestion for keeping safe on campus.
    “If you must step foot on a college campus, choose one that respects your 2nd Amendment rights,” he wrote.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/06/ca...#ixzz2Y2ozZC6U

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Campus bans guns, tells students to nod at attackers.

What the heck is the point of passing a law if places can opt out of it? I hope people going there are smart enough to opt out of the school's opting out.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    What the heck is the point of passing a law if places can opt out of it?
    Cool! So next time I get pulled over I'll just tell the trooper that I'm opting out of the maximum speed law. Got it. I'm sure that'll work out fine for me.

(York County)

I usually nod my head just a bit as I align the front & rear sights......I support the suggestion.

(Chester County)

Another college gun free zone that insures soft targets for robbers, murderers, and rapists. Got it.

there is no shortage of outrageous suggestions made by "experts" who feel a defenseless people are safer, as a whole, than ones who can protect themselves. ive seen the "greater good" and it is neither good nor great.
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post

Sharon Houlette, a detective with the UALR Department of Public Safety, responded to the thread with advice for avoiding being attacked, which included a suggestion to “glance or nod” at possible attackers.
    “A glance or a nod will help you show anyone who might think that you are not paying attention, and you are aware of their presence,” she wrote.
    She also suggested parking on campus and using the trolley system, and offered to host a crime prevention workshop.
    Another village idiot heard from, I wonder if Sharon Houlette is an armed Campus detective. Perhaps she shouldn't be, then she could try her own advice. I'd like to know how well that would work for with her.

(Cambria County)

"Glance and nod"?

What not a big HIGH-FIVE.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

Quote Originally Posted by CenterTree View Post
    "Glance and nod"?

I like 'glance and nod'. It lets the attacker know...that you know...that you're about to get your ass kicked.

Another great moment in the agenda.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Chester County)

How about flee and pee?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast