Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default XD-45 vs. M&P 45

Ok, if I get this student loan I'm planning on applying for I'll be set with extra cash and my debt (Except Student Loans) Cleared.

Now on my shopping list is
    AR-15 - currently looking at bushmaster
    Taurus PT-1911

and

a new DAO.

I had been set on the XD-45 but I just read a review in G&A Handgunner where the M&P out scored the competition.

Already being a big fan of my sigma, I'm thinknig of going the M&P Route. I just want a discussion on the two. I dont even know if anyone here has one but figured I'd see what unze think.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: XD-45 vs. M&P 45

Let me get this straight... (unless Im confused)

but you are trying to buy guns from whats left of your student loans??

VERY BAD IDEA

I have a fortune on student loans. Its no fun to repay them. Save up your money and take on less debt than you need.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    buy guns from whats left of your student loans?
    Which would be guaranteed by our federal tax dollars

eh if the kid works his ass off, another 1500 to 2grand wont be the end of the world as long as he hasnt, and doesnt make a habit of it.... as long as he's got his head on straight i wouldnt see a huge problem of treating himself..

i personally didnt like the feel of the m and p(although i didnt try the other grip inserts) but i just didnt really like how it felt to me, i also like the safeties and load.cocking indicators on the xd, makes it a great carry weapon. But either way your not gonna be disappointed i'm sure..

i love my xd though, i'm from the north hills so if you ever wanna meet at a range to try it out let me know

(Philadelphia County)

I've heard inconsistent reviews of the M&P. Bad triggers, common malfunctions. Seems to be as hit-or-miss as the sigma was.