Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: FedEx changed its firearms shipping policies

Get yer C&R FFL. $30 for 3years.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    I suspect it won't be long for UPS to soon follow the same path. If them bastards do the same for ammo, there goes ordering ammo through the mail.
    If UPS follows suite you'll have to go to an FFL to ship your pistol back to the manufacturer for repair/recall work. USPS won't ship pistols.
    F*#K THE ATF

(Bucks County)

Considering all the BS FedEx put me...and Ruger....through...may be just as well.

I had to send a LC9S to Ruger for a warranty repair. Followed the guidelines 100%. It never got to Ruger. Ruger, to their credit built another of the same firearm and sent it to my FFL. They even paid the PICS fee. Way to go Ruger!!

Back on topic...I went to the local PD and reported the lost weapon as "lost or stolen". 6 weeks later I got a call from Postal Inspector Richard Tracy (really!) that he had my PC9S. It was delivered to a house in Guam. He sent it to Ruger to be destroyed and contacted my local PD to report what happened and give them the paperwork once it arrived at Ruger.

(Delaware County)

And the squeeze continues to tighten around our 2nd Amendment rights. At some point, nothing gun related will be transported by a private company...until the case it taken to SCOTUS.

I can't imagine its legal...especially when it seems like a coordinated effort from all these different companies. Web hosting to cloud based companies determining what is a socially acceptable business...only a serious retard thinks this stuff up.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    And the squeeze continues to tighten around our 2nd Amendment rights. At some point, nothing gun related will be transported by a private company...until the case it taken to SCOTUS.

I can't imagine its legal...especially when it seems like a coordinated effort from all these different companies. Web hosting to cloud based companies determining what is a socially acceptable business...only a serious retard thinks this stuff up.
    I doubt if anyone could sue on this matter. Even if they did, all the courts will say is if you need to send a firearm , send it through a FFL holder.

(Delaware County)

The ammunition is an explosive line concerns me more.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post

Their business, their rules.

If you don’t like it, just start your own international shipping company.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Columbia County)

Another gun related website has a discussion on the same subject. According to some over there; as long as a FFL holder or gun manufacturer that has an account with FED EX sends you a shipping label you can send the gun by dropping it off at a Fed Ex office. Therefore it shouldn't effect sending guns back for service, warranty, recalls etc.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    Another gun related website has a discussion on the same subject. According to some over there; as long as a FFL holder or gun manufacturer that has an account with FED EX sends you a shipping label you can send the gun by dropping it off at a Fed Ex office. Therefore it shouldn't effect sending guns back for service, warranty, recalls etc.
    Assuming that's true, and gun manufacturers are FFLs then sending back for defects, repairs, etc should be the same as it is today. Still a BS move by fedex.
    -Brandon

(Susquehanna County)

Verrry Interesting.....But Schtupid! The Fedex website doesn't match their shipping manual. See https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping...-firearms.html

Steps for how to ship firearms

Shippers with a Federal Firearm License

A Federal Firearm License (FFL) is required for all dealers and/or individuals who sell, manufacture, import, repair, or handle firearms in any form as a business. Shippers with a valid FFL may ship to other dealers or individuals in compliance with the rules and regulations of The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Nonlicensee shippers

Nonlicensees can ship firearms to a FFL business or a FFL holder. When shipping to a FFL holder, the holder will only release the firearm to the nonlicensed recipient identified. The recipient will be required to complete the necessary forms and pass a NICS background check.

A nonlicensee cannot ship directly to another nonlicensee from a FedEx Office or other FedEx associated retail location.

FedEx owned and licensed image
    1. Remove all ammunition

Firearms cannot be shipped with ammunition, remove all ammo before packing the firearm. Ensure the gun safety is turned on. All rifles and shotguns should be broken down. Ammunition is a dangerous good and may never be shipped from a FedEx Office or other FedEx associated retail location.
    2. Secure firearm in a case

Pack the firearm in a sturdy outer box or hard case with adequate cushioning, there should not be any movement heard inside when the box is shifted. We will not ship firearms that are not properly secured in a case. Re-package the firearm case in an outerbox with no identifying markers.
    3. Pack and ship at a FedEx Office location

Our team members cannot pack firearm shipments. Packing materials and supplies are available at FedEx Office locations. After your firearm is packed, create a shipment at your local FedEx Office with your shipping information and a payment method. We*ll take it from there

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast