Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Example of why someone might enter your house..

I've always said that if someone enters the house uninvited then it is clear they are up to no good. I should note that assumes locked doors!

A lady at work told me about her son this past holloween. They were fully dressed in costumes and went to a party. His wife jumps out and goes into the house to make sure it is the right one. She waves him in. Mean while the wife notices it is really quite and there are two people asleep on the sofa. After a bit she realizes they are in the wrong house and bolts.. The people wake up and see her..

The lady says, "I guess your in the wrong house"..

Could you imagine waking up to someone in a werewolf costume standing over you..

(Centre County)

Default Re: Example of why someone might enter your house..

????? This woman just goes walking into a house???? I was always taught it was common courtesy to ring the bell or knock on the door and allow it to be answered. I will even knock on my Mom and Dads door before I go in and then I announce who it is when I get inside if they aren't right there in the room. But to just walk into a house unannounced is asking for big trouble.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    ????? This woman just goes walking into a house???? I was always taught it was common courtesy to ring the bell or knock on the door and allow it to be answered. I will even knock on my Mom and Dads door before I go in and then I announce who it is when I get inside if they aren't right there in the room. But to just walk into a house unannounced is asking for big trouble.
    I agree.

From what she said it was a house they had been at before and the party was always downstairs. I assume it was not uncommon to come in since they might not hear the knock. They had not been there in a while and forgot which side of the street it was on.

Everything worked out ok but you are right it could have been really bad. also a reason to keep doors locked if you are the type to be on high alert.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by brewguy View Post

Could you imagine waking up to someone in a werewolf costume standing over you..

That's why, I have taken a page out of the Lone Ranger's play book, and keep one house gun loaded with "silver bullets!!".
    Werewolf problem solved.

oracle
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    ????? This woman just goes walking into a house???? I was always taught it was common courtesy to ring the bell or knock on the door and allow it to be answered.....
    Around here a lot of people did that to me until I got married. It depends what culture you from I guess... but i too was taught it was common courtesy to ring the bell or knock on the door.

(Allegheny County)

looking at this from a slightly different angle, i can't believe people would fall asleep on their couches with the doors unlocked...not a good idea.

wouldn't happen in my case, I have 500lbs of dogs who start to bark when a bug farts 3towns over... So basically noone is just walking into my house without having a mental disorder because they attack that door, lol they dont like many people... not to mention i live way off the road next to no houses on 6+acres

But anyways, say it did happen sounds like an example why someone would get a gun in their face. I was watching some reality show once, no clue what it was and they walked into the wrong house, and the alarm started going off and all this so they got back in their limo and took off, people are morons..

(Luzerne County)

Yeah I too have a dog who would rip out someones eyeballs through their rear end so I pity anyone who would even try to come in unannounced. Thankfully I live out in the sticks and no one really comes over aside from my neighbors occasionally.

But, slightly off topic, recently I had some "god people" (not knocking them by any means I just don't know what other term to use) came knocking on my door. And, it occurred to me, that that might be a decent cover for BG's to use to get info about your home, dogs, you, etc....terriable as it sounds.....then again maybe I'm just wary of everyone no matter what, my guard is pretty much always up and my door is always locked.
    Beretta 9000s 9mm

i've had many o' pizza men needing new undies... sometimes they'll hit the doorknob on the glass door if i forget to lock it.

(Berks County)

I've been in situations where I would come downstairs and to my surprise there were Mormons standing in the middle of my living room. So instead of getting mad I took the opportunity to convert them to my faith.

At the same time they were trying to convert me to their faith, but with little success. Well they ended up leaving very disappointed, but came back two weeks later to try again. For the record, they came to my house 4 times to try to convert me.

rand

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast