Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Creating a petition, need YOUR input!

In summary, I am writing a petition to be posted on the whitehouse.gov website regarding the repeal of the Hughes Amendment. Yes I know there is one already posted but I fear it will not reach the 100k required signatures and mine will be much better articulated.

I am looking for further input regarding the benefits of a repeal. So far I have; an increase in LE effectiveness since they wont have to waste resources enforcing it, a stimulation in the economy on all levels (Federal, State, and local), an increase in domestic defense, increase in the amount of manufacturing jobs, increases in tech, and removal of monopoly this has created while increasing fair trade and capitalism.

Please discuss and share your thoughts. Defeatist mentalities are not welcome.*
    Dont Forget To Give Me Some Good Rep! Thanks!

(Carbon County)

Default Re: Creating a petition, need YOUR input!

Quote Originally Posted by BandanaBandit1 View Post
    In summary, I am writing a petition to be posted on the whitehouse.gov website regarding the repeal of the Hughes Amendment. Yes I know there is one already posted but I fear it will not reach the 100k required signatures and mine will be much better articulated.

I am looking for further input regarding the benefits of a repeal. So far I have; an increase in LE effectiveness since they wont have to waste resources enforcing it, a stimulation in the economy on all levels (Federal, State, and local), an increase in domestic defense, increase in the amount of manufacturing jobs, increases in tech, and removal of monopoly this has created while increasing fair trade and capitalism.

Please discuss and share your thoughts. Defeatist mentalities are not welcome.*

one has already been started; https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...ghes-amendment
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Allegheny County)

Please read my second sentence.
    Dont Forget To Give Me Some Good Rep! Thanks!

this one is almost at 100k.
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-nfa
    in my opinion, petitions generally dont go over well with the crowd here. something about begging master for attention and such. i feel it's a good way to get heard, until someone fires the first shot.
    if we sit in our chairs and do nothing, nothing good will happen. and doing a petition is no different then complaining to your local reps.

not sure on the benefits except "shall not be infringed" "shall not be questioned" depending on US constitution or PA constitution, but strict gun law cities are always a great example of gun control's effectiveness.
    ammo hungry machine guns would certainly be a huge boom for the sales in the industry. maybe press on the fact that so few crimes are and have been committed with automatic weapons. poke holes in other failures of said regulation. maybe prod at the fact that federal agents and other agencies have lost their automatic weapons... although that just builds a case for them to be no exemption from said law.
    gonna be hard to pry that tax stamp income from their hands, petition only guarantees they will address the issue in a statement.

best of luck, will chime with any ideas that come up. post and i'll sign.
    There is no way to make it out alive...