Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: G36C

(Lebanon County)

Default G36C

I can't find anything other than background information of this rifle, and it seems like a great rifle that's well suited for everything. If it has no jamming problem I'd defiantly get one it's dead on an AR/M4, but I need to hear from other parties. Anyone here have any degree of experience with them?

Default Re: G36C

You really should do some research before you post. Unless you are a Class III dealer or Military/LEO, you won't get your hands on a G36. The closest thing to a G36 that you can purchase is if you bought an SL-8 and do the G36 conversion. It will look similar to the G36, but it will be semi auto versus the full auto of the G36. HK is notorious for not caring about civillian purchases. They care about the miltary and LEO sales.

I hope someday you outgrow your mall ninja phase. I mean that in a nice way.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    I hope someday you outgrow your mall ninja phase. I mean that in a nice way.

dude....thats totally gonna harsh his mellow

I've shot a real G36...ehhh, so so experience...its basically a plastic AR18 when it gets down to it.

was nice and all, but still, its a plastic fantastic, and didn't seem very sturdy to me.
    thge stock was fairly flimsy, and the hinge seemed weak.
    I didn't care for the integral optic.
    I like the older more ergonomic HK grips, the newer grips they use on the HK Navy lowers and the G36 dont do it for me.
    it was accurate, and well behaved on burst fire.

its made for cheap replacement, like the old sheetmetal HKs, thats all, and piston activated, unlike the older HK33s and 53s.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Westmoreland County)

The worst attribute of that rifle is its nearly 4 inch sightline-boreline offset.

(Blair County)

My sources give mixed reviews.

Aubie is mostly right. In order to get one, you would need to be an SOT (Special Occupational Taxpayer) with a letter from an agency that wanted to see a demonstration, or be a member of an agency, in which case the gun could be sold to the agency, but not the individual officer/agent.

There is no way for a service member to obtain one, and there are only a few units that might see on for familiarization.

In southern Iraq, the Italian forces have the full length rifle version. It looks to be about five feet long, and about as maneuverable as a Civil War era musket.
    PREPARE FOR BATTLE

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by DPB View Post
    In southern Iraq, the Italian forces have the full length rifle version. It looks to be about five feet long, and about as maneuverable as a Civil War era musket.
    HA! I've seen pics of this. glad I'm not hallucinating again and that it is real.

I was wondering just how in the heck those Italian troops were
    - Getting out of their vehicles
    - Searching houses

without scraping half of Iraq into the muzzle.
    NEED should never enter into a discussion about RIGHTS

(Blair County)

No, you weren't hallucinating. I don't know what they were thinking buying that rifle, or what H&K was thinking making it like that.
    PREPARE FOR BATTLE

If HK has a plant to make them G36 here, that is a big IF. Then one can buy one, like them FN2000S, Sig 556 and the "rumored" domestic AUG by Microtech.......... However, I don't think HK sales are aimed at civilian as it has said before many times.

1FingrCHan

(Montgomery County)

PJS inc and Microtech are apparently putting out a US AUG...they have a live fire vid, and supposedly will begin delivery in 6 weeks.

as for the FS2000 and Sig556...they are foreign made and imported ok.
    FN could make them here, they have a plant in South Carolina.

HK dropped the plans to make a plant in the states was supposed to be in Georgia, but they killed the idea off.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

Quote Originally Posted by JayBell View Post
    PJS inc and Microtech are apparently putting out a US AUG...they have a live fire vid, and supposedly will begin delivery in 6 weeks.

as for the FS2000 and Sig556...they are foreign made and imported ok.
    FN could make them here, they have a plant in South Carolina.

HK dropped the plans to make a plant in the states was supposed to be in Georgia, but they killed the idea off.
    Hey Jaybell, you the man. he he heh...........that is a good news on the domestic Steyr. Look where my pennies are going? he he heh.

Anyhow, how did FN get around the importing clause to sell FS2000 to civilian successfully whereas HK still seem to have issue selling G36 to civilian? (both are made oversea)

Same with them Russian Dragunov. I think if FN can do it, why can't other? he he heh

1FingrCHan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast