Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ALWAYS READ THE DAMN MANUAL

Well after spending 2 hours trying to put back together a Kimber Grand Raptor II that I managed to halfway take apart by just doing what I thought you did since ive taken other pistols apart like Glocks and H&K's. The next thing I know I cant put the damn thing back together. After an hour of me being hard headed and stubborn saying I almost have it, a little more, little more, I finally say lets get on the internet and see if I can figure it out without going through the manual. Well it was a little helpful but I still ended up getting the manual out and start realizing I had taken the slide stop out first when I should have gotten the tool that came with the Kimber and take the recoil spring out and then its a hell of alot easier. After another hour figuring out how to get it right its finally back together the right way and most likely wont be taken back apart for a long long time.

SO FOR YOU GUYS LIKE ME AND THINK AHHH I CAN HANDLE THIS, RECONSIDER BEFORE YOU BREAK SOMETHING, PUT IT TOGETHER WRONG, AND MORE IMPORTANTLY PISS YOURSELF OFF TO THE POINT OF THROWING WHATEVER YOUR WORKING ON ACCROSS THE ROOM (luckily i'm not that bad but my dad used to be and i've seen a many of cell phones broken into a million itty bitty pieces)

So please take literally 3 minutes and look or even glimpse at the assembly/disassembly section of your manual. Every pistol is different in some way or another.
    Reputation is what I strive for.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: ALWAYS READ THE DAMN MANUAL

Hahahaha...
    Youtube is your friend. In IT, the term RTFM (read the fucking manual) the is widely used, but it's applicable pretty much everywhere.

Al

(Bedford County)

hehehe , now you're learning , been there and done that !!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"

(Juniata County)

Confucious say "When all else fail, read manual".

1st step in troubleshooting electronic equipment...move the O-n-/-O-f-f switch to O-n.

...Or carefully dissect your equipment

I haven't had to pull out the manual yet. Almost did, but used the youtube trick, and Voila!

I've learned, when taking stuff apart with small pieces, do the work in a big ass bag or under a sheet to catching flying pieces.
    "See, this side is well roasted; turn me on the other and eat." St. Lawrence

(Lehigh County)

S & W, don't be too hard on yourself.....wait until you take apart your first C96 Mauser.....you need both hands, an assistant's hands, and a small child's tiny hand and wrist to put it back together........and it takes days!

Quote Originally Posted by Plain Old Bill View Post
    S & W, don't be too hard on yourself.....wait until you take apart your first C96 Mauser.....you need both hands, an assistant's hands, and a small child's tiny hand and wrist to put it back together........and it takes days!
    LMFAO, yes I bet that was fun. I'm not being hard on myself im laughing at myself. Yep, problem is I never learn, whenever I get a new toy and get to "disect it" the manual is on the other side of the room where I chunked it getting to the toy. Just like a little kid it takes a while to realize the concept of the manual is to not make mistakes and to do everything right not like the guy concept where its manual shmanual.

Talking Re: ALWAYS READ THE DAMN MANUAL

Read the manual? That's cheating. I got it in my genes how to dissect firearms. No problem.

Guess that's why no one ever has trouble with a Ruger MKII/MKIII.

(Berks County)

Like cylinder pawl tension springs on S&W MIM triggers. God that was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by CommonHighrise View Post
    Like cylinder pawl tension springs on S&W MIM triggers. God that was fun.
    Yea, my worst ever was when I took a Ruger Blackhawk completely apart and when I put it back together and screwed and unscrewed the screws into the frame a bajillion times over 2 days nonstop and then get onto the internet and find a guy that says outright to get like a punch and push the trigger spring behind the trigger to get it to work right....these are the fun days and one things for sure you always remember these instances and they wont happen again. I mean the exact instance like the trigger spring, taking the guiderod spring out before not after, etc, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast