Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Mark 23 came in. It's my first .45 so now I need to land a new round for the inventory. The thing is yuuuge with a 5.87" barrel.

Attachment 117851
    So your first .45 pistol is also one of the biggest. Go big or go home, LOL.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    So your first .45 pistol is also one of the biggest. Go big or go home, LOL.
    Yep! I don't have a yuuuuge collection but what I have counts.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

>>> PARTIAL QUOTE (DEKLEATEDPHOTOS ONLY) >>>>>
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Colorized? I believe this is factory finish and engraving. Here's after a little clean up Some 0000 wool and Mothers wax took just about all tarnish off

I am more of a 'no function no use'* kind of guy , but I got to say the astra is a beautiful piece!

* as the years pass I have caught myself spending more time looking at firearms like the hard brass receiver henry .45-70 at the local Walmart. And that Astra in this forum caught my eye, maybe that is a good kind of change ?

Yep, it's current and active. I'm not a 1911 guy but I do have one of those .44SP under my pillow too, not too common but I like it.
    Dang I had a senior moment! The reason I made the 'if anyone following' remark was I thought the last reply was some years ago, I had to of been on the wrong page....Well, anyway I like the 1911's because I get a nice nostalgic feel dredged up from my Army days when I handle or shoot them. Yes, the Army sidearm was the .45 back when I did my bit ! I also like the stopping power of a .45 hollow point. But for a concealed carry especially in an area where there is possibility of actually using it I prefer a large cap 9mm or .40. Even though I like American stuff like the .40 I bought a Glock 17 planning on selling it. The exceptional accuracy and the many round mag of the Glock endeared me to it. So I kept it!
    Last edited by ProSee4; May 11th, 2019 at 07:51 PM.

(Beaver County)

Been a bit since I posted pics. First is a CVA 300 Blackout with my Cosmic 45 can and next is a Savage Striker in 22-250.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

Mark 23 came in. It's my first .45 so now I need to land a new round for the inventory. The thing is yuuuge with a 5.87" barrel.
    Sweet! Nice clean, kind of compact and love the 12 round capacity magazine. I am lightly customizing my Springfield .45, just some improvements in target acquisition etc. As far as your H&K its a beautiful firearm, but I am um' not very careful with my stuff which means they have many signs of use some premature. So, an H&K is so pretty and expensive it would be like me driving a lambo, I would be proud to own it but scared to drive it! If I buy another .45 in an non-American config. I would buy a relatively cheap Glock 21. If its anything like the Gen 4 Glock 17 in .45, it would be a keeper! I am getting off topic I guess because I'm dreaming...congratulations WH, I am envious!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ProSee4 View Post
    Sweet! Nice clean, kind of compact and love the 12 round capacity magazine. I am lightly customizing my Springfield .45, just some improvements in target acquisition etc. As far as your H&K its a beautiful firearm, but I am um' not very careful with my stuff which means they have many signs of use some premature. So, an H&K is so pretty and expensive it would be like me driving a lambo, I would be proud to own it but scared to drive it! If I buy another .45 in an non-American config. I would buy a relatively cheap Glock 21. If its anything like the Gen 4 Glock 17 in .45, it would be a keeper! I am getting off topic I guess because I'm dreaming...congratulations WH, I am envious!
    Nice, clean and beautiful it is but compact it's not. That picture doesn't reflect how huge it is. It feel like a Desert Eagle and the slide release is a stretch to reach with my thumb. At my age there isn't much stuff that I leave unused as I'm going to kick one of these days so I may as well enjoy my loot. Range reports are that they are pretty accurate but that has yet to be tested...and if it doesn't stop raining someday it might be quite a while.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Clearfield County)

Another great thing about Rural King, $139 threaded .22's

i have one of those... stupid quiet with a can on it.
    a slow death awaits you,but not before love reminds you that there is good in you

(Allegheny County)

Nice, clean and beautiful it is but compact it's not. That picture doesn't reflect how huge it is. It feel like a Desert Eagle and the slide release is a stretch to reach with my thumb. At my age there isn't much stuff that I leave unused as I'm going to kick one of these days so I may as well enjoy my loot. Range reports are that they are pretty accurate but that has yet to be tested...and if it doesn't stop raining someday it might be quite a while.
    Welcome to the Mk23 club. They are indeed very accurate. A buddy and I put up 6" plates at 100 yards. With the KAC suppressor, once you figured out the holdover, hitting those plates was stupid easy.

As far as the slide release goes, I prefer it. I use off hand thumb (kinda like AR bolt release), and the one on the Mk23 is generously sized for just that.

Page 1412 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 412912131213621402140814091410141114121413141414151416142214621512 ... LastLast