Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Default Re: Phila. Police seize 50 guns from old man- no Red Flags laws needed

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    It's not the liquid mercury itself so much as the mercury vapor coming from it.

Noah
    I’m kinda disappointed I didn’t get the mutant power to turn to liquid metal and be able to shapeshift from handling the mercury

Quote Originally Posted by TSimonetti View Post
    This is the new normal. Now anyone is not only safe, but also in many cases motivated to SWAT you, and/or intimidated into SWATTING you, and you just have to bend over and take it while the media lie and blow the story way out of proportion to support the gun confiscation ethos. And as was so aptly pointed out above, the police will often be complicit in your public shaming and condemnation, while callously manhandling and damaging what is essentially a very modest collection that was nonetheless your life's labor and joy, and the liberal courts will reflexively rubber stamp the elimination of your rights forever. Meanwhile gang members with multiple gun felonies in and around that same city are let out of jail early or have their gun charges dropped.

Despite the current hype around wanting to seek out mentally ill Americans to deny them guns, it's important to note that depression and/or anxiety ARE NOT automatic grounds for losing your gun rights forever. This Red Flag fever swamp is dangerous ground that our legislators are treading.

Everyone who values our Rights as Americans should be horrified by this story.
    treating people in such a way... they want http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=351600 ?
    because that is how you get http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=351600 's
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    It's not the liquid mercury itself so much as the mercury vapor coming from it.

Noah
    One of my doctors over the years told me that pure mercury isn't a problem because our bodies can seek it out and remove it. He said that mercury compounds like mercury chloride were more of a problem. I don't know, never studied it that much and was just asking him about it during a visit as we used to have jars of it around and played with it. Its cohesive/adhesive properties make for a lot of fun for a young kid.

Supposedly there is only one thing that mercury will stick to and that is gold. In the gold mines of AK they used to run the slurry containing gold over a bed of mercury and everything would run off except the gold. Once the mercury turned to an amalgamate they'd remove it and burn the mercury off and all that was left was the captured gold. I wonder how those guys who worked in the hot house fared over time.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

So I'm wondering where that suicide note is, more than likely it was a made up reason...

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by schmol View Post
    So I'm wondering where that suicide note is, more than likely it was a made up reason...
    Happened in Abington, PA. PD claimed complaint from friends and FB posts.

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=334763

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gooseSA40 View Post
    Happened in Abington, PA. PD claimed complaint from friends and FB posts.

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=334763
    That is not the same incident.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456