Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Scary Moment in Life.

This past Monday, I got a call from the Miami Police Department. Now The only person I know in florida, that the police would call me on, is my 22 year old daughter. So naturally my heart just dropped to my stomach thinking that my baby was injured or worse.

To tell the story in brief. She was christmas shopping and left the mall. Two males followed her out, they pulled a knife in intent to rob her, she pulled out a Glock 19 and told them to back off...they did not. The one with the knife lunged towards her. She did not hesitate to put a 9mm round in his shoulder. He dropped the knife, his partner ran. Police came, she told her story. The police took the a-hole in and found out he was responsible for a series of robberies of women in the area, and well.

She got a reward.

And she was afraid to tell me she got a florida carry permit and a gun thinking I would worry.
    Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and proceed to beat you with experience.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Scary Moment in Life.

Quote Originally Posted by NukePear View Post
    This past Monday, I got a call from the Miami Police Department. Now The only person I know in florida, that the police would call me on, is my 22 year old daughter. So naturally my heart just dropped to my stomach thinking that my baby was injured or worse.

To tell the story in brief. She was christmas shopping and left the mall. Two males followed her out, they pulled a knife in intent to rob her, she pulled out a Glock 19 and told them to back off...they did not. The one with the knife lunged towards her. She did not hesitate to put a 9mm round in his shoulder. He dropped the knife, his partner ran. Police came, she told her story. The police took the a-hole in and found out he was responsible for a series of robberies of women in the area, and well.

She got a reward.

And she was afraid to tell me she got a florida carry permit and a gun thinking I would worry.
    Wow, sounds like she handles herself very well. Glad to hear she was not injured.

(Delaware County)

First I would like to say thank god she is ok. Second You should be proud of her, she stood up for herself facing great danger and stood up to two men. You raised her well and she should know that.

(Montgomery County)

Holy smokes, I'm glad she is ok. Could only imagine what would have happened if she wasn't carrying.

Proud member of:

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by vetter3006 View Post
    First I would like to say thank god she is ok. Second You should be proud of her, she stood up for herself facing great danger and stood up to two men. You raised her well and she should know that.
    I know, but the call from the police....sinking feeling till they explained she was alright. She was asked if anyone she wanted them to call, She said her dad. She is a South Philly chick, she knows how to handle herself. I just never knew she had an intrest in guns.
    Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and proceed to beat you with experience.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBuckslayer View Post
    Wow, sounds like she handles herself very well. Glad to hear she was not injured.
    I had no idea she was into guns, let alone carrying one. She and her younger sister grew up around them, never had an intrest in them. I was a firm believer in teaching my kids about gun safety and knowing that the guns were in the home and how to properly handle them, but they never took an intrest. It was more out of regard for their safety if they ever should find one. I never left them out, they were always in a secure area. But kids get curious about things.

(Fulton County)

Hell yeah !!!

all is well glad she is safe

3 days ago 2 black guys tryed to rob a truck driver where my dad works in Harrisburg while he was fueling his truck

he pulled out a bat and clubbed the hell out of them till they were unconscious

turns out the robbers both had guys

Quote Originally Posted by NukePear View Post
    ...she pulled out a Glock 19 and told them to back off...they did not. The one with the knife lunged towards her. She did not hesitate to put a 9mm round in his shoulder. He dropped the knife, his partner ran.
    WOW, what a girl, you should be proud that she acted so well under pressure, especially with two guys confronting her and one with a knife.

So glad she was not hurt and hopefully she will not suffer too much emotionally from the experience and have a nice Christmas.

(Berks County)

Great job, NukePear! You've done good, DAD!

Take care,

rand

(Philadelphia County)

Smile Re: Scary Moment in Life.

Glad your daughter is OK. She could be directly responsible for saving another womans life.

Anyone who would attack a person who has them at gun point is an extreme dangerous individual. I'm glad he's off the street.

Best to you and your family!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast