Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: CZ-75B

(Dauphin County)

Default CZ-75B

Got one of these in the Summer as my first "new" pistol. I love it. Very reliable, classy, smooth and eats anything. Anyone else here have one and want to sing the praises of CZ?

Default Re: CZ-75B

Just be careful when dry firing with an A zoom snap cap...I broke the trigger return spring on my P-01 and CZUSA's CS sucks. In the end everything was made right by CZ, but it was an experience that I wouldn't want to redo. I have an SP-01 and a 75 compact. CZ's are great solid pistols.

(Northumberland County)

I too will sing the praises of CZ's... I have a 75B I shoot IDPA with and a P01 I carry...

IIRC Col. Cooper was a fan of the CZ as well...

(Bucks County)

Last year I purchased a NIB 'used' unfired CZ 75B in .40 S&W with high-polish blue and checkered wooden grips for $350.00. Excellent shooter and a great looking pistol. With the nice blue and walnut grips, reminds me of the pistols American companies like Colt and S&W used to make in the 60's and 70's.
    C & R License Holder, Delaware Valley Fish & Game Assoc,
    Penna Rifle & Pistol Assoc, Forks of the Delaware Historical Arms Society, and NRA Lifetime Member.

Talking Re: CZ-75B

The first pistol I bought after 30 years away from shooting was a CZ76(96). This was the military type pistol that I understand was a military over purchase. Have over 7000 rounds through it in the last 5 years with very few problems. I have however broken 2 of the slide releases. Right where the notch is on the pin. Could be a design flaw. When people ask for advise on getting a semi-auto pistol I recommend the CZ 75, both for the price and the reliablity and ease of handling. Great gun!