Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Allergies?

(Monroe County)

Default Allergies?

My allergies really kicked in on Friday and have been getting worse since, massive congestion, sore throat now... the usual hell that spring brings.

I've been using Claritan for the last few years and it isn't doing shit this year. What do you guys use?
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Allergies?

I deal with my cat, ragweed, and some black fall mold with allergy shots. They're a pain in the butt at times, but worth it. I used to cough constantly during the fall, but now, it's hard to find evidence of allergies.

After shots for 5 years, you can stop and are considered 'immune' for life.

(Lehigh County)

I get a shot right around tax day for hay fever. It's such a painless shot I don't even feel them stick it in. On bad weeks i'll take clariton d to suppliment the shot (d works alot better than the regular clariton)

(Delaware County)

fresh cut grass..dunno what's in the grass that when it's freshly cut that makes me sneeze up a storm and get itchy eyes badly.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Monroe County)

I don't have the sneezing issues, I get really flemmy and massive sinus issues.

just got back - I was hoping for Advil Allergy but they didn't have any so I'm giving Tylennol Allergy and Sinus a shot.

if that doesn't work it looks like its back to the classic - benadryl
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Susquehanna County)

I'm horribly allergic to grass. I've been taking zyrtec for years. Now, I dont think it does much. When I move back to North America I'm going to try these shots. I've had chronic coughing, chronic sinusitis, etc.

zyrtec is now generic - you can get hundreds of zyrtec tablets for about $30 at sams club.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by mchaley View Post
    I'm horribly allergic to grass. I've been taking zyrtec for years. Now, I dont think it does much. When I move back to North America I'm going to try these shots. I've had chronic coughing, chronic sinusitis, etc.

zyrtec is now generic - you can get hundreds of zyrtec tablets for about $30 at sams club.
    Zyrtec D is like 18 bucks for a bottle of 25 I think

(Lebanon County)

FLONASE!!!! Works for me...I haven't had bad allergies in over a year since I started it.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    I don't have the sneezing issues, I get really flemmy and massive sinus issues.

just got back - I was hoping for Advil Allergy but they didn't have any so I'm giving Tylennol Allergy and Sinus a shot.

if that doesn't work it looks like its back to the classic - benadryl
    man...

benadryl KMTFO (knocks me the fuck out)

but it works...even the non-drowsy shit will put me down.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Searcher67 View Post
    FLONASE!!!! Works for me...I haven't had bad allergies in over a year since I started it.
    I use that, too...I do 2 sprays per nostril per day..per the doctor's prescription..seems to keep my nose clear all day, but damn do I hate tasting flowers in my mouth when I use it...yuck.

Anyone else get post nasal drip a lot?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast