Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cambria County)

Default For us M14 guys...new stock taking shape made out of Aerospace Materials

(Berks County)

Default Re: For us M14 guys...new stock taking shape made out of Aerospace Materials

Thats sweet! I'll definitely take one in coyote brown if they ever go there.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Cambria County)

Default Re: For us M14 guys...new stock taking shape made out of Aerospace Materials

Quote Originally Posted by billamj View Post
    Thats sweet! I'll definitely take one in coyote brown if they ever go there.
    I kinda figured you for an M14 guy. I'm waiting on my first custom build (need a couple more parts to come in, then sending it off to be built and finished). I had a terrible time tyring to decide what stock to get. I like the wear/water resistant properties of the synthetic and the strength of the metal chassis systems but the look of wood and laminate and the strength in the forearm really won out. A Boyd's pepper laminate was my final choice, it's going to look very nice IMHO, but I'd easily swap that out for one of those from the thread above if the hype panned out.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by NineseveN View Post
    I kinda figured you for an M14 guy. I'm waiting on my first custom build (need a couple more parts to come in, then sending it off to be built and finished). I had a terrible time tyring to decide what stock to get. I like the wear/water resistant properties of the synthetic and the strength of the metal chassis systems but the look of wood and laminate and the strength in the forearm really won out. A Boyd's pepper laminate was my final choice, it's going to look very nice IMHO, but I'd easily swap that out for one of those from the thread above if the hype panned out.

That sounds hot! You'll definitely have to post some pics when you get it. I'm still fairly new to the 14 family. I bought my Socom 16 late last year and then got lucky as hell and won a loaded M1A from a club in the area in April so I am slowly moving in the 7.62 direction.

(Cambria County)

That sounds hot! You'll definitely have to post some pics when you get it. I'm still fairly new to the 14 family. I bought my Socom 16 late last year and then got lucky as hell and won a loaded M1A from a club in the area in April so I am slowly moving in the 7.62 direction.
    Wait a minute, now I truly do hate you...you WON a loaded M1A? How much was the ticket (if it was less than $10.00, we're fighting).

But to be fair, I won an HK USP .40 on a $1.00 ticket, my first handgun some years back.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by NineseveN View Post
    Wait a minute, now I truly do hate you...you WON a loaded M1A? How much was the ticket (if it was less than $10.00, we're fighting).

But to be fair, I won an HK USP .40 on a $1.00 ticket, my first handgun some years back.
    The tickets were only $5.00 each but I did buy two so I guess that gets around the $10.00 minimum. Totally blew me away when I got the call, I never win anything and my wife will verify that. It was so unexpected I didn't even recognize the name of the club when the guy called, it took me a couple minutes to realize what he was talking about.

(Cambria County)

The tickets were only $5.00 each but I did buy two so I guess that gets around the $10.00 minimum. Totally blew me away when I got the call, I never win anything and my wife will verify that. It was so unexpected I didn't even recognize the name of the club when the guy called, it took me a couple minutes to realize what he was talking about.
    We share the same luck, happened to me once, and that's it...I never win anything and I almost couldn't believe it when I did.

If you liked that stock checkout a EBR stock.

http://www.sageinternationalltd.com/si/access/ebr.html

Walt

(Bucks County)

You two girls want to get a room or something. Uggg, what a disgusting display of public affection. CR, CR, CR where are you with your Banning stick? I say whack both of these Nancy boys

On the other hand.....

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/gun-pictures-24/39-m14.html

Its no secret that out of all the firearms I have ever owned and shot (no small list) the M14 would be the last I would ever give up.

97, if you don't yet have a receiver I would highly recommend the LRB Forged Receiver. Or at one time M14forum was doing a custom group buy but don't know if its still open. Unlike a AR you would most likely need a pro in put one together. Not many better than Ted Brown.

You guys should also check out Lee's site at: http://www.imageseek.com/m1a/

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    You two girls want to get a room or something. Uggg, what a disgusting display of public affection. CR, CR, CR where are you with your Banning stick? I say whack both of these Nancy boys
    You're just jealous that your better half hasn't let you get a new one this year for you to brag about. And if I want a Hungarian opinion, I'll contact someone in Hungary!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast