Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default OC today...a little soccer, a little Walmart. The usual w/ some extras thrown in...

My son had his first soccer practice tonight.

To bring anyone up to speed who is not aware, both kids are playing again this year. Someone from the league called and asked if they were returning. I was told during that call that they were calling all the players from last year so they could figure out how many teams they would need for each age etc.

Now when my daughter first brought the paper home she had asked to play and I was sort of 50/50 on the idea. I knew it was about her playing soccer but OTOH I didn't want people bitching that I just signed my kids up so I could annoy people.

When I got the call I asked my kids, do you really want to play? My daughter asked "are you going to have to go through everything all over again?" I explained that no, we were all very clear on things now and there would be no problem. That none of that had anything to do with her and that she could play. She seemed concerned about me and I thanked her for that but told her this was about HER and what SHE wanted. She and my son both said they wanted to play.

So that brings us to practice tonight. Originally, for some reason I thought his practices were at a school. No, just a park.

I took him and everything was fine. In fact one of the coaches made a comment which I won't post on a public forum but let's just say that it was made very clear that he's A-OK with EVERYTHING. We were laughing and joking and everything. Dunno where Charlie was? I might add that directly adjacent to the fields is....oh yeah, just like the other park from last year....MORE projects.

Moving along...I left for a short bit of practice to do some shopping. Now I guess this part comes down to situational awareness. I have never had any issues in Walmart since my neighbor stalking me and complaining EXCEPT for one that I never posted about. The woman who was harassing my daughter at school came around the corner and into an aisle I was in one night with my kids and started making nasty comments. She proceeded to follow me for the rest of my shopping trip that night and continued to run her mouth (all in front of my kids). My husband let me have it later for not just calling the cops since she was harassing me. But I digress...

So I'm in the snack aisle looking for some cheese crackers for my kids. I see a guy coming toward me (really would be coming from behind but I was facing the shelves so I could see both directions). He stands directly across from me and I turn so I can see the shelves and him because otherwise he'd have been behind me and I wouldn't have been able to see him. I see him turn and look at me. His gaze falls. He turns back around. Ten seconds go by and he turns and looks right at my hip, once, twice, three times. I pick up the crackers and turn the corner.

I mark off some stuff from my list, looking around and look behind me and see him come out of the aisle and go the other direction. I see he has a phone in his hand and he keeps turning around and looking back at me. I'm seeing that phone and thinking "jesus I hope he's not going to call the cops." I can hear me now. "Sorry I'm late to get Tyler from practice. Got held up at Walmart when some shopper called the cops about my gun...."

I realize I forgot the syrup so I backtrack a few aisles and here comes this guy again. He keeps looking at me and it's like he's trying to keep track of me. I come back out of that aisle and head back the way I came and here he comes in my direction. I keep making eye contact with him and just as I am about to come to a dead stop and just stare he looks back and me and smiles and says "nice glock." WHEW! I said, "thanks" and kept on going.

Finished my shopping, on my way through frozen food talked to the store manager for a few minutes, got into line and saw the same guy with his wife. Guess he was looking for her? I dunno. I am hard on myself about noticing people everywhere. What they look like, what they are wearing and of course what they are doing and how they are behaving.

Sorry for the long post. If you all just skim it or skip it I'll understand.

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: OC today...a little soccer, a little Walmart. The usual w/ some extras thrown in

Glad you had a relatively uneventful but good time...lol

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: OC today...a little soccer, a little Walmart. The usual w/ some extras thrown in

Very nice.

I'm surprised we haven't run into each other at Wal Mart yet, especially since I can't shop at Giant anymore
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

(Bucks County)

Nice.

My daughters play softball...but their fields are on school property...

But the finals were at another "non-school" field...i made sure to OC there...

(York County)

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to shefearsnothing again."

Maybe 2009 is going to end up being a good year for you!

While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Last edited by mikey; March 6th, 2010 at 08:18 PM.

(Lebanon County)

ha ha ha mikey. I dunno about that. I was bumming it in a t-shirt. I was actually wearing my pafoa, eastern pa group shoot t-shirt yesterday. We went swimming right after practice.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by shefearsnothing View Post
    ha ha ha mikey. I dunno about that. I was bumming it in a t-shirt. I was actually wearing my pafoa, eastern pa group shoot t-shirt yesterday. We went swimming right after practice.
    Now we all want to know (at least Mikey will - I know HIM).... When you went swimming, was it in a WET PAFOA T?

(Lebanon County)

No silly! I was wearing that trusty old bathing suit that comes untied when I swim. LOL!

(Philadelphia County)

Good story, shefearsnothing. I enjoy reading your posts!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast